My Subaru Saved My Life!!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
starting this thread for everyone who has had a serious accident in their Subaru. i personally can say that my Subaru saved my life. i had a 2014 WRX hatchback and was driving home from my girlfriends house on a windy road right after a snow storm so the roads were a bit icy. going around a turn i hit a patch of black ice and the back of my car slid out. tried to counter steer but it was too late. i clipped the start of a guardrail and rolled into the woods. R.I.P. WRX. post up photos if you can.

20150112_121353_zpsyftrptdo.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy crap! Did you get hurt?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Holy crap! Did you get hurt?
believe it or not. the car landed upside down but i got out on my own and without a scratch.. just some whiplash from the car rolling. i had a sparco 5-point harness so it kept me in the seat. very hard to get out of a harness upside down with all your weight on it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
God was on your side friend.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
God was on your side friend.
not a doubt in my mind someone was watching over me. i find it interesting that i had my grandfathers memorial card held in my driver side A pillar. the only one that wasn't crushed. if it was we wouldnt be having this convo right now. he kept me safe.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Glad to hear your story of safety! ;)

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
that was the whole point of this thread. i know im not the only one with stories like this.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit dude!!! Thats insane!!! Glad youre safe and sound!

Glad your unhurt, that does look like one hell of a roll.

I posted 2 weeks ago, holy I'm forgetful.