The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Damnit. Boost Controlled Performance here in Livonia is booked SOLID for at least 3 weeks. Plus, @WRB_STi suggests I steer clear of them due to their pricing.

I'm just bouncing my head off the wall over here. :banghead:

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

So take a weekend trip to my house with Alin :lol:. He will be here on Saturday.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can barely drive it 10 miles safely. With as much money as I might be spending to get this fixed, I might be better off flying you out here for a couple days. :shock:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I can barely drive it 10 miles safely. With as much money as I might be spending to get this fixed, I might be better off flying you out here for a couple days. :shock:

I'm not above doing that.

Our luck...well, MY luck at least...would be, you'd get here and realize you don't have what you need to diagnose/fix it.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I have all the basic stuff and there's an Advance Auto 1/2 mile away.
[MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] and a friend might be able to help me in the meantime. I might take it to his place sometime in the next couple weeks. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Flights from JFK to DTW (Detroit-Wayne Metro) aren't too expensive...surprisingly.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Keep me updated. I would need some advanced notice and it would have to be on a weekend starting on a Friday.

I have all the basic stuff and there's an Advance Auto 1/2 mile away.
@WRB_STi and a friend might be able to help me in the meantime. I might take it to his place sometime in the next couple weeks. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Flights from JFK to DTW (Detroit-Wayne Metro) aren't too expensive...surprisingly.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I was mostly joking, but if it comes to that, we could definitely work something out.

In the meantime, any other ideas of things I can check myself?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'm kinda out of ideas... in general
Oh well. Shit happens. I appreciate all the assistance so far.

If I have any additional information as time goes on, I'll be sure to let you know.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey, if need be, I'll chip in to fly George to MI. I'll see all 3 of you there! [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] , you gonna come too?! :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

What's going on?!?!??

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I've practically given up. That's what's happened. I'm done wasting my time with this piece of shit. I might as well put her up on blocks in the garage until I have the money for a proper motor build. She probably won't be driven for another couple years.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Your "piece of shit" has half the mileage of my "piece of shit," therefore, you can sell it for more! Time to sell it! Join the bandwagon!! :tard:

Damn, sorry to hear. Have you looked online on other forums to check if anyone has had a similar problem in the past?

I've practically given up. That's what's happened. I'm done wasting my time with this piece of shit. I might as well put her up on blocks in the garage until I have the money for a proper motor build. She probably won't be driven for another couple years.

Quick question when you clamp everything off and hook the boost leek tester up to the TB did you make sure that all of your valves are closed? I mean did you rotate the crank until all intake and exhaust valves are closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give up bud my sti has been parked for since 08 BLAHAHAHA But I know I will have it built and tuned properly to hopefully last me till I can save and get a long rod short block.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't give up bud my sti has been parked for since 08 BLAHAHAHA But I know I will have it built and tuned properly to hopefully last me till I can save and get a long rod short block.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You are a man of extreme patience! :fuji:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Quick question when you clamp everything off and hook the boost leek tester up to the TB did you make sure that all of your valves are closed? I mean did you rotate the crank until all intake and exhaust valves are closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I didn't. Probably should have thought of that.

Unfortunately, between then and now, my boost leak tester broke. Like everything else around here.

I'm assuming at this point that I have a cracked phenollic spacer or bad gasket.
Fuck man, Idk...

No I didn't. Probably should have thought of that.

Unfortunately, between then and now, my boost leak tester broke. Like everything else around here.

I'm assuming at this point that I have a cracked phenollic spacer or bad gasket.
Fuck man, Idk...
when life happens it happens fast. That being said when your ready to work on it again let me know and i can give you a few more things to look at.

This would be my guess at this point as well. "cracked phenollic spacer or bad gasket." Friend of mine, had a brand new built ej257, and due to his tgv's being warped the car would not start with out gas pedal assistance.

Wishing you luck