New Owner From SC

mikehouston

How's everyone?
Wanted to introduce myself. I just got a 2006 Impreza STI a couple weeks back. Seems to be a good bit done to it that I am still learning. I know it has the blouch dominator 2.5xtr turbo with FMIC. 1000cc injectors and tuned on 24lbs. I am here to look around and try to gain some knowledge on the cars. Look forward to interacting with yall on here.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!

Pics of the ride!!

Who tuned the car?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome. Let's see some pics.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice [MENTION=5094]mikehouston[/MENTION]. ?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome.

Looks like something's been done to the brakes. Appears to be black calipers with slotted rotors.

Any suspension mods?

mikehouston

full spool doesnt hit until 4500 but pulls hard up to 7500. I normally shift by 7 when I am really on it. but, I normally just drive it like a grandma. before this I had a 04 dodge srt4 that had a mopar stage 3 with a bigger compressor wheel and ported. It was around 360 on pump. This STI seems to be faster by butt dyno. Could be the traction ;-) Guy i bought the car from told me the STI dynoed at 380awhp. I like the Dom 2.5. Just wish the boost came on sooner

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm always torn between wanting a high revving monster with power up high, but then in reality i think I like grunt at around-town RPMs

mikehouston

yeah i know the feeling. I like having the low end tq. I'm a rally fan, not a drag racer, not a highway racer I have been into rally for a very long time. The 2.5xtr is a great turbo, Screams up high. and I don't think I will be changing it anytime soon. But, I may start looking for something with a little quicker spool. but first thing I am going to look at doing is losing some weight in it, but keep the Daily Driver in it.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
yeah i know the feeling. I like having the low end tq. I'm a rally fan, not a drag racer, not a highway racer I have been into rally for a very long time. The 2.5xtr is a great turbo, Screams up high. and I don't think I will be changing it anytime soon. But, I may start looking for something with a little quicker spool. but first thing I am going to look at doing is losing some weight in it, but keep the Daily Driver in it.

Dom 1.5 or FP green may be up your alley for a quicker spool but good power, should you feel the need for change.
That's what keeps me with my vf48. Too much street- able power, especially on e85.

mikehouston

going to start with the free stuff. removing the spare tire and jack will come first. get back in the gym myself. lol. after that I am not sure yet. I have done some searching on here. So I am doing my research.

[MENTION=5094]mikehouston[/MENTION] are you on the Carolina subies club Facebook page? We have meets every Saturday night off of independence blvd. It's a fairly active group. Just don't mind some of the people that post in there..... they are full of shit. Sounds like you have a good grasp on things, especially by doing your own research, but if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask. This forum is like none other.