Glad I swapped my plugs today... Lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Them are good for another 100k.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You should post them for sale. Might get a nice penny for them. ?

06fc49b74883ff479edcb20eedf6a703.jpg
da9f5817b5fc45db2ff11d27fb496671.jpg

Auto crossed her for the first time last Sunday. And handles like a dream with the coils. Will be picking. Up some Perrin sways this weekend.

Well going wingless in the next two weeks. Swapping out my UGM STI wing and trunk for a 2007 STI limited wing and trunk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
JJ is all about the factory wing. Functionality wise I am too, but for more of a low profile look, I like the limited trunk. I swapped my factory wing for the trunk lip spoiler from a 2007 limited. Beware, at high speeds the rear end can get a little floaty without the factory wing. When taking high speed corners, try not to suddenly lift off the gas or you will surely experience "lift off over-steer".

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Helllllll yessss it is.

Of course, at auto-x speeds you won't notice anything. In fact, I prefer being wingless for autocross, as a reduction in rear end weight helps induce a little bit of oversteer improving cornering.

At speeds seen on track days, the wing (or lack thereof) is definitely noticeable. If I pound an on-ramp (in Mexico of course) at 80-100 mph, I have to be more careful about lifting suddenly. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Don't we have a big thread on this?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If I pound an on-ramp (in Mexico of course) at 80-100 mph, I have to be more careful about lifting suddenly. :lol:

Ahh, doing ANYTHING "suddenly" in a corner usually means your doing it wrong!

Yes, the stock wing is functional.
Yes, the stock wing/trunk weighs as much as a 4th grader, (above the CG, near the very end of the car...UGH)

Ditch it for looks! And then get an even MORE functional wing to replace it at track days!
(it works well for me)

I know i mentioned it in the wing/no-wing thread, but the "fastest" factory street STI (RA-R) didn't come with a wing:

sti_speccrar2_05.jpg

Last edited: