YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRIND MY GEARS? Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Aaaand there it is. I've hit the wall. I'm out of here. Just going to take the rest of the day off. That's the only way to maintain my sanity. I'm done leading around a grown man like a child...a child who after repeated instruction, still refuses to follow directions. He should count his lucky stars that I wasn't his work center supervisor in the Navy or he'd have been chipping paint and scraping shit out of the bilge for his entire tour. How long have I been having the same problems with this douche? Since February...yes, I'm serious.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
But wait, there's more! I can't take vacation or we won't meet the deadline. Why won't we meet the deadline, you ask? Because we have to re-do at least 50% of everything he's already done. EVERYTHING he did last night is VOID. Everything. So that's yet another 8 hour shift that accomplished absolutely nothing, besides putting us behind schedule.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Re: YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? Thread

Time to roll some heads! ?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My mind was elsewhere when I read the "...spit on his hands,.." :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sitting in Biology class this morning, I had to ask myself how many fucks electricity and electrical theory gives for the evolution of single celled organisms. Don't get me wrong, I like this stuff and have read extensively about it on my own time. The question that remains is, what the fuck is an electrical engineering student doing in a biology class. Of course we can take it a few steps further to, what the fuck is an electrical engineering student doing taking art history and all this other artsy fartsy moonbattery. Everyone, including the teachers, know that 9/10 people data dump every single bit of that pointless crap the moment the walk out of the classroom. There is zero economic benefit to the student to be "well rounded".

The only thing these schools care about being well rounded is their bank account. If it wasn't for that, they wouldn't make you take all these pointless classes that wastes everyone's time and money. So today I had Biology from 8-10am and then after work, I have Philosophy from 6-10pm.

I can guaran-fucking-tee you that these General Motors gauge cluster prototypes I'm working on don't give one single, lousy fuck, whether or not I take Philosophy. Nor does my boss, nor will he ever.

So while trying my damnedest to put in 40 hours per week at work, I'm spending about 12 hours sitting through two classes that have zero practical application to my career path. I might as well round it out with a class on underwater basket weaving and one on the healing power of magical crystals too. :rambo:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Behold, the field in which I grow my fucks! Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shall see it is barren!

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

As if the requirement to take this irrelevant class didn't grind my gears enough already, they can't keep themselves from shoving more moonbattery down our throats at every possible moment.

This photo is directly out of the textbook required for this class. A textbook written by a moonbat "logic" professor at the University of San Diego in the Democratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia.

90fcd411bbdf281b4852d786a5b3b894.jpg

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Professor: "There are 256 different ways to express a single argument. Furthermore, an argument can be valid, even if the premises and conclusion are known to be false. Can you tell me why that is?"

Me: "Because there are no philosophy factories around here, so you have to justify your PHD in philosophuckery somehow. Coming up with 256 different ways to express an argument seems like a good start. Carry on, comrade."

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!

The last day of the month is like hell at my job. Trying to get RO's closed to get paid and so on. One advisor called out sick today and the other is leaving at 12 which means im by myself yet again for most of the day... but on a normal day 2 people need to b here between 5-6 to "cover the desks" which is y only 1 person gets to leave sometimes.. i guess that doesnt mean anything today. I need a new job ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

That's why trade school type programs are gaining popularity so quickly. I am in a two year program so I will only have an AAS when I finish, but there is not one single erroneous class in my program. Absolutely every class I take for my degree is directly related to my field. Plus I'll make six figures shortly after I graduate. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Reviving a classic.

I am sure this has been said in here somewhere, but winter. Just winter in general. Between the salt and cinders and people that drive 6 mph on a plowed road, winter really grinds my gears.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Reviving a classic.

I am sure this has been said in here somewhere, but winter. Just winter in general. Between the salt and cinders and people that drive 6 mph on a plowed road, winter really grinds my gears.

Move further south. We dont have do deal with that down here...and makes me miss it!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Move further south. We dont have do deal with that down here...and makes me miss it!

How the hell do you miss such atrocities?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Our seasons:
1) Hot AF. Do not go outside unless you want to be covered in sweat.
2) Alternate between 75 and 30 every other day.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Our seasons:

Yeah in south central PA we get to "enjoy all the seasons"...no it is hot and humid or cold and precipitating and in spring and fall it just switched between the two every other day haha. It isn't actually that bad but it can feel like it sometimes.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Our seasons:

Wouldn't you rather sweat than your car rust to fuck all?! Is there a happy medium anywhere in between?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Some of you might remember my on-going skunk problem. I previously put some fertilizer with grub control on the lawn and it didn't seem to help. Now I am going to apply a different which is a broad spectrum insect poison that kills ticks, mosquitos, mole crickets (that have also messed my shit up) and most definitely grubs, within 24-hours. THAT should finally keep the skunks and moles away.

In case you are not familiar, skunks (and moles, raccoons, etc.) will literally dig up your lawn in search of grubs and other insect larvae in the soil.

Regardless of whether the grub control seems to work, I think I am going to set up an ambush. I'll crash on a sleeping bag in the garage with the rifle nearby and check the yard every hour. Seriously...it's THAT bad. This motherf***er is going down.

Below you will see SOME of the damage he's done to my lawn during late fall and early spring.

1846433b64e5d35ec06c66b03cff6a91.jpg
8a13a27709760315d668e94b5de3c3a7.jpg
da9b0b2fa4ee7ff2dde396cf87f32ce2.jpg
49e0b259893d6f74343e069367cd6cae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited: