Round 2: My 2015 Galaxy Blue Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yeah I was thinking I discussed wheels with Jordan before and he said he didnt carry any. Maybe he has started to since then or stopped since he did in the past. Either way I will check with him again. I am actually selling something from a different hobby that will cover the cost of wheels and tires so I think I will be back on the search today.

GUNS? :peekaboo:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
What other hobbies do you have?

Well the item I am selling is a carbon fiber road bike. I still ride a good bit but have another bike and don't really need the fancy one anymore. So cycling, golf, photography, soccer, and shooting...there are more but we'll stick with the major ones haha.

Cycling is what I do to stay in shape, I'm a very competitive person so I also race (online) and enjoy that. I was signed up for some real outdoor races this past year but had several health issues and a crash that derailed my season (some fun scars from my wrecks over the past few years).

Golf is probably my #1 hobby. I fell in love with it about 10 years ago and have gotten pretty good.

Photography is one that I don't spend a lot of time on but enjoy a lot. I recently expanded into video and did an interview/documentary with my wife's 99 year old grandmother that was really a joy to shoot and edit.

Soccer is a strange one for me. I played football all through school but my sister was a good soccer player (7.5 years younger than me). So I got into coaching her teams with my dad and then took on coaching at the high school level. I just got another coaching job this year after taking a break when my son was born.

Shooting is one I love to do, but I don't have many people to do it with around me. My uncle (who is also the one to get me into STis) got me into shooting so I go with him a couple times a year. He has some cool stuff.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What kind of bike is it? How many miles a year do you typically do?

I USED to bike a lot, but not anymore. Especially since our bikes were stolen out of the shared garage, where someone left the door open!

edit: That actually happened twice. First was just my old Cannondale T800 touring bike. Sad beacuse I'd put a lot of miles on it, but it was kinda old at that point. The second time was a too-big Trek from the 80s still with the shifters on the frame along with my wife's generic hybrid.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
What kind of bike is it? How many miles a year do you typically do?

I USED to bike a lot, but not anymore. Especially since our bikes were stolen out of the shared garage, where someone left the door open!

edit: That actually happened twice. First was just my old Cannondale T800 touring bike. Sad beacuse I'd put a lot of miles on it, but it was kinda old at that point. The second time was a too-big Trek from the 80s still with the shifters on the frame along with my wife's generic hybrid.

Its an Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro aero bike. I did a little over 4K miles last year. This year is way down to start...too many projects and other things going on.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Looks like sometime today or tomorrow I should be able to sell this (stock photo, don't have a pic of my exact setup):
20160923_162544 1_zpsz9csslah.jpg

to pick up either:
WMD_8605.jpg

or

TFR-GM-All-Black-Cap.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Get that sale done! :tup:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Get that sale done! :tup:

Working on it. It would be easy but I had to have the bike repaired after a not so fun downhill wreck.

20180704_154917.jpg20180705_135801.jpg

The company I had repair it did an awesome job, and stand by the work for 10 years, but it is still difficult to get someone to spend a bunch of money on a repaired bike.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
O and for those interested, Jordan is selling wheels which is why I am looking at the 2 Enkei models above. The rs05rr & tfr. I love the rs05rr :drool: but it is twice as much as the tfr...:angry:

He also sells Gram Lights. I like the 57TRANSCEND but it is probably more than the rs05rr, but I just texted to ask in case it is an option.

face_02.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, that's some serious shit!

I personally like the Enkei rims that have 6 spokes, the TFR ones?

30603067_173082193512929_8430398018905178112_n.jpg

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Those are the ones I want to like the best because they are $800 instead of $1700+. My issue is that unlike the rs05rr that I have a great example pic of, I can't really find the the 57transcend or tfr on a lowered galaxy blue or lapis blue 15+ sti to get a good visualization.

Enkei rs05rr.JPG

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That's a sexy looking bike. Also good wheel options. I think i like the 6-spoke better. And it'll be that much easier to clean!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
That's a sexy looking bike. Also good wheel options. I think i like the 6-spoke better. And it'll be that much easier to clean!

Thanks, I hate to part with it but I just have so many other things going on and mainly ride indoors now to save time and avoid getting killed by crazy drivers.

And including my wife that is now 3 votes for the TFR. You guys are making it easier to spend less money, I appreciate that haha.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Looks like I'm about 90% going to order the TFR set tomorrow. They are so much less that I can get new slotted rotors and street pads to go with them. And almost no one runs them so it will be a little more unique I suppose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What's the damage for the wheels?

Any updates on the tires from Craigslist?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
What's the damage for the wheels?

Any updates on the tires from Craigslist?
$809 shipped they are quite reasonable.

The guy did get back to me that some local picked them up. Still looking used but pricing new through my dad's car dealership as well. I usually get tires at cost so its a good deal when I need to buy new.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Alright, well it wasn't me, so whoever got them got a good deal.

Where are you located exactly? I found two more sets and I'm hoping they're somewhat close to you.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wto/d/philadelphia-dunlop-sportmaxx-rt/6842115517.html

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wto/d/lafayette-hill-tires-dunlop-sport-maxx/6817817751.html

Hopefully you can get shit rolling! :tup:
I'm south central PA right near York where Boxerfest is this year.

I'll check out those links.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, I looked in the following Criagslist cities (and the similar locations' listings that showed up): Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Erie, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Williamsport, York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Detroit, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Chicago...

Those two from Philadelphia that I linked are your best bet as of right now. Either people were asking too much, or the tires didn't look like they were up to par in terms of condition. I hope you can secure one of the sets! :tup:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
So, I looked in the following Criagslist cities (and the similar locations' listings that showed up): Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Erie, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Williamsport, York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Detroit, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Chicago...

Those two from Philadelphia that I linked are your best bet as of right now. Either people were asking too much, or the tires didn't look like they were up to par in terms of condition. I hope you can secure one of the sets! :tup:
I appreciate the help. I contacted the philly sellers, waiting to hear back.