effing knock

Time for me to learn how to read this, lets see what the experts have to say. @HolyCrapItsFast @TK-421 @Grinder34 @Spamby
I see on the second log there pulled a 4-6 back on timing if I remember correctly, most likely a knock fersure?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It is conceivable that this is false knock but before you make that determination, you need to test for it. Before I suggest some things to do I might suggest you read this thread... http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php/213-Newbies-Guide-to-Logging It explains allot about timing and how to create an effective log.

There are many things that can cause real knock and many others that cause false knock. Some of the things that cause real knock are... over advancing the timing, high air intake temperatures, bad gas, additives or oil in the gas, useng the wrong octane, to much boost, carbon fouled plugs or combustion chamber, to much blow by in the intake, a lean fuel mixture. You really need to test for each of these scenarios before you start ignoring the knock.

Things that cause false knock are... Piston slap or noisy forged components or just very loose tolerances, loose metal brackets and metal to metal contact, some after market clutches, bad or intermittent connectors or engine harness, bad knock sensor.

You might want to start with the easiest thing to do and that is to find another source of fuel. Buy a full tank of gas from a well known major brand. In my area Sunnoco Ultra is very good gas as is Hess believe it or not. Once you rule out gas, then you can start tracking down other things.