Dipstick pops off

Removed GReddy BOV and replaced with stocked BPV thanks to [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] i cut my ARF by almost half. Went from 14.7 to 8.2 or lower still not where i want to be. But now starting to have another problem seems that my oil dipstick has popped off a couple of times now. i have changed the gasket on it the first time which i caught in time, but the second time was a mess in the engine bay and was pretty low on oil. Do i need to put an oil pressure gauge to monitor it, is there an OEM gasket for it or just buy a new dipstick?

Attachments

• 20150310_075040.jpg
    20150310_075040.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 74

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wtf! Take a close up picture of the dipsit where it seats to the tube. The only thing ive ever seen in the past was that people had a wrx dipstick in their sti or vice versa. [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

The other thing would be pressure through the roof to pop it off or its broken and just wont sit right.

Youre saying your idle was 14.7 with the bov and now with the stock bpv youre sitting at 8.2?!?!

TK-421

Too much crankcase pressure. Your PCV system needs an over haul. Something is clogged and is not letting pressure vent.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Removed GReddy BOV and replaced with stocked BPV thanks to @Alin and @HolyCrapItsFast i cut my ARF by almost half. Went from 14.7 to 8.2 or lower still not where i want to be. But now starting to have another problem seems that my oil dipstick has popped off a couple of times now. i have changed the gasket on it the first time which i caught in time, but the second time was a mess in the engine bay and was pretty low on oil. Do i need to put an oil pressure gauge to monitor it, is there an OEM gasket for it or just buy a new dipstick?

I might suggest resetting the ECU to help relearn the fuel trims.

Wtf! Take a close up picture of the dipsit where it seats to the tube. The only thing ive ever seen in the past was that people had a wrx dipstick in their sti or vice versa. @TK-421

The other thing would be pressure through the roof to pop it off or its broken and just wont sit right.

Youre saying your idle was 14.7 with the bov and now with the stock bpv youre sitting at 8.2?!?!

I believe he is referring to fuel trims. I hope he is not talking about AFR.

Too much crankcase pressure. Your PCV system needs an over haul. Something is clogged and is not letting pressure vent.

Exactly!

Sorry about that was going off the AP for the A/F learn 1. Will reset the ECU And see where it's at in the morning. So the PCV might be clogged great swear this car is going to nickel and dime me too death. With THE BPV also did the elbow hose to the IC was torn and wasn't seating right was starting to leak.

Great news though my IGOTASTI.COM Hoodie came in looks awesome thanks for the hoodie. Not sure if I should put it on my office wall or wear it.:tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great news though my IGOTASTI.COM Hoodie came in looks awesome thanks for the hoodie. Not sure if I should put it on my office wall or wear it.:tard:
Get us a pic of you rocking it.

Changed the PCV valve for the used one off my blown motor hopefully that will help some. I know I have some little issues that will keep popping up before I can start the Etune. Once I get my stock intake and inlet pipe hopefully will be the last time I have to mess with the TMIC and all the hoses in the general area. that BPV recirc hose is a bitch even had the Mishimoto hose kit and didn't use them all. spring break is coming up will have a few days to take everything off and put back together correctly. will let you know how that goes. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] will send you a file if you can help me read1 I would appreciate it im trying to learn slowly. better slow than fast don't to screw anything up especially the motor they not cheap.

in a few days will be getting stock intake with turbo inlet pipe and the snorkelwhich means ill have to take everything off again. at least im getting plenty of practice, once that goes in will reset the ecu and do some easy runs and maybe a couple of good pulls. still worried about the crank pressure and dipstick hopefully new PCV is working better.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Changed the PCV valve for the used one off my blown motor hopefully that will help some. I know I have some little issues that will keep popping up before I can start the Etune. Once I get my stock intake and inlet pipe hopefully will be the last time I have to mess with the TMIC and all the hoses in the general area. that BPV recirc hose is a bitch even had the Mishimoto hose kit and didn't use them all. spring break is coming up will have a few days to take everything off and put back together correctly. will let you know how that goes. @HolyCrapItsFast will send you a file if you can help me read1 I would appreciate it im trying to learn slowly. better slow than fast don't to screw anything up especially the motor they not cheap.

No problem :tup:

in a few days will be getting stock intake with turbo inlet pipe and the snorkelwhich means ill have to take everything off again. at least im getting plenty of practice, once that goes in will reset the ecu and do some easy runs and maybe a couple of good pulls. still worried about the crank pressure and dipstick hopefully new PCV is working better.

Besides the PCV valve, it could also be blockage else where in the blow by system. It might be helpful to remove some of the hoses and checking that they are clear. You might also consider some Seafoam to clean up any oil and gunk that may have built up as a result.

Trying to take the turbo inlet pipe off and having some difficulties. Have read that can cut the PCV and BPV ports off to remove the inlet pipe but the front connector at the intake gets caught up with the engine harness and power steering line. Will be replacing with OEM inlet pipe but with the PCV and BPV ports not hacked off I don't see it sliding back in. Do I need to remove the intake manifold to get the replacement back in or is there and easier way. Missing hose.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Trying to take the turbo inlet pipe off and having some difficulties. Have read that can cut the PCV and BPV ports off to remove the inlet pipe but the front connector at the intake gets caught up with the engine harness and power steering line. Will be replacing with OEM inlet pipe but with the PCV and BPV ports not hacked off I don't see it sliding back in. Do I need to remove the intake manifold to get the replacement back in or is there and easier way. View attachment 6414

I believe you need to remove the intake manifold in order to get the new factory intake pipe on.
I could see no other way when I replaced mine.
Though, I used an aftermarket Tomei silicone unit with removable ports so it was easy to slide back in.

I was afraid of that guess I can leave it on for now till I get a silicone one. Think this is part of the reason I'm running lean the missing hose that goes to the y-pipe. Will get stock intake put back on the and save the inlet pipe project for another week.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I was afraid of that guess I can leave it on for now till I get a silicone one. Think this is part of the reason I'm running lean the missing hose that goes to the y-pipe. Will get stock intake put back on the and save the inlet pipe project for another week.

Definitely would be a cause to run lean if you're missing a hose on the inlet pipe. Unmetered air is entering the system.