Relocating the Fuse Box

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
so my current project on the STi is relocating the fuse box. easiest and simplest location is where the washer fluid tank sits. since im removing the washer fluid tank all together i have room and mounting locations for it.

my question here is, does anyone make a SEALED box that i can make fit there (weld on tabs in correct locations for the washer fluid mounts) or do i need to start from scratch and make it completely custom. im sure im not the first person to think of this nor use that location. i will also be making a brace, bar, cage to protect said box from impact in the event of an accident. there should b enough room for all of this since the fuse box isnt all that big.

thanks guys

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
got it... thanks for the response. a buddy of mine gave me a number for a company that did a bunch of custom work on his STi

will do man. it may be a while but ill be sure to update this thread when i do
I've thought about relocating battery to the passengers side of the trunk and then relocating fuse box to the area where the battery would be since I still want easy access to the fuse box and think it would be a non intrusive relocation of fuse box when it comes to moving it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
the location im choosing is good because i dont have to extend any wires and its still pretty accessible. my front bumper will have quick release latches on it so that will help a lot

502_STI

the location im choosing is good because i dont have to extend any wires and its still pretty accessible. my front bumper will have quick release latches on it so that will help a lot

How did you manage to relocate it without extending any wires? All my fuse box wires are a foot to two feet to short to reach the washer fluid location.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
How did you manage to relocate it without extending any wires? All my fuse box wires are a foot to two feet to short to reach the washer fluid location.

havent gotten around to doing this yet. build has been put on hold for a bit unfortunately

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
A bit? It's been nearly a year! :rofl:
havent gotten around to doing this yet. build has been put on hold for a bit unfortunately

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, a year since your last post. We're both in the same boat if you're also at 3 years!
A year?!? Cars been off the road for almost 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk