The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] please tell us.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Nothing so far. I'm babying it for a while. I am still kicking around the idea of putting in the Grimmspeed Tranny Cocktail but I hate the idea of draining $70 of perfectly good AMSOIL. I recently added a small amount Lucas Oil tranny fix. It's a friction modifier similar to what you'd get with the cocktail. No change yet...maybe I didn't put enough in, but I didn't want to overfill it and damage the seals.
If I basically butterfly shift into 4th (though I still use the clutch) it doesn't realy grind. 5th is still hit or miss. Doubling clutching helps sometimes.
What is strange is how I can almost always avoid a grind, especially when downshifting into 4th. From 5th, I put the clutch in, shift into 3rd but don't let the clutch out and THEN go right to 4th, there is no grind.

Can anyone explain this? I have a very limited knowledge of whats going on inside the tranny. :lol:

^ Reposted from the other thread ^

My commute now, since I moved in with my gf, is about 15 miles one-way.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks for the update.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
What happened to the compression ratio thread? I'm assuming it was removed by Fuji. Smh :banghead:

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You saving that for a rainy day?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I only saved them to show you guys and I thought MAYBE someone might want the flywheel, which they'd obviously have to resurface. See the chunks of clutch welded onto the flywheel?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Saw that. How many miles was on that?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Psssh....smh....10,000.

Btw...you see the a/c reading in the other thread? Wtf?! :unsure:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I highly doubt it. The only warranty I remember was quite short. I'm sure I've exceeded it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Don't hurt to check. Who did you buy that from?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How old is it? Like more than a year?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Still only 10,000 miles. HOLY CRAP! :rambo:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Defect? What would be a cause for it going out so damn quick?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The flywheel being resurfaced twice probably. George says that will cause it to develop hot spots and glazing. I'm guessing that's what caused the clutch to insta-weld to it.