The Coffee and Caffeine Thread

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright, who here drinks coffee by the jug?! :lol:

How much do you drink on a daily basis?
What type of coffee do you drink?
What happens if you don't get your caffeine dose in?
Does caffeine even affect you?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'm a lot better than I once was. I started to become worried about my blood pressure and have dialed it back a bit. I used to primarily drink 4-5 Red Bulls per day with the occasional 5 Hour Energy, because Navy coffee (as the song goes) "looks like muddy water and tastes like turpentine." Then after getting out of the Navy, I realized that normal coffee actually doesn't taste like wastewater and I headed in that direction. Even as late as last year, I would have 1-2 dark roast K-cups before I go to work and then stop along the way for a large, black coffee (sometimes iced) with 1-2 shots of espresso, then probably another cup after lunch.

I'm still drinking 2 cups before I leave for work, but that is typically the extent nowadays.

For reference, during my 5 Red Bull per day and 16+ hour workday years, my blood pressure was recorded as high as 195/165. It seems that it even damaged my far-field vision as well as whatever that did to my heart. :unsure:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, what you're saying is, that you've literally pissed away a plethora of car parts over the years! :rofl:

What happens if you don't drink your 2 coffees nowadays?
How do you feel after you drink them?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I typically do a mediumish coffee in the morning. French press ftw...with Whole Foods brand beans, freshly ground with a burr grinder. Judge away haters!

Lately (summer) I'll make cold brew by starting the french press in the afternoon/evening the night before. Given that it's starting to get chilly in the mornings, I'll probably switch back to hot coffee. We also have a nespresso that hadn't been used in about 2 years, that I just busted out again for an afternoon shot of espresso!

I'm not sure if caffeine affects me or not. I certainly can miss a coffee and feel fine.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So, what you're saying is, that you've literally pissed away a plethora of car parts over the years! :rofl:

What happens if you don't drink your 2 coffees nowadays?
How do you feel after you drink them?

Meh. If I don't have coffee in the morning, I am okay. I don't really NEED it, but it definitely helps get me going. One of the few times that I NEVER drink coffee is in and around hunting. I already have to piss 10 times out there anyway. I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather. :lmao:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I typically do a mediumish coffee in the morning. French press ftw...with Whole Foods brand beans, freshly ground with a burr grinder. Judge away haters!

Lately (summer) I'll make cold brew by starting the french press in the afternoon/evening the night before. Given that it's starting to get chilly in the mornings, I'll probably switch back to hot coffee. We also have a nespresso that hadn't been used in about 2 years, that I just busted out again for an afternoon shot of espresso!

I'm not sure if caffeine affects me or not. I certainly can miss a coffee and feel fine.

Tell me about French pressing! I've never had it before.

Meh. If I don't have coffee in the morning, I am okay. I don't really NEED it, but it definitely helps get me going. One of the few times that I NEVER drink coffee is in and around hunting. I already have to piss 10 times out there anyway. I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather. :lmao:

I think this will be another quote I will add to my signature! :rofl:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Tell me about French pressing! I've never had it before.

French press is the bees knees. Grind coffee, add to press. Heat water to 205 ish. Add to press. Wait 4 min. Serve deliciousness.

I'm not positive I could tell the difference between that and drip coffee :unsure: but i don't have to have a coffee machine on my counter. And people who know say it tastes better.... and i can do cold brew!

So yeah, it's the bees knees cuz other people say so, i just took their word for it. But the actual beans themselves, I HATE starbucks, its what my in-laws use and it produces burnt-tasting coffee that I can barely stand to drink.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I think this will be another quote I will add to my signature! :rofl:

Ahhhh shittt.

I HATE starbucks, its what my in-laws use and it produces burnt-tasting coffee that I can barely stand to drink.

Speaking of shit... I could grind up a sun dried cow patty and make better coffee than Starbucks.