Clutch fork pin

Hello guys would like some input if possible. I am currently removing my engine.

Well I am trying to remove the clutch fork pin and it does not want to budge at all would like to know if you guys have any tips or tricks

I did use the m6 bolt method but that sucker just wont move

BTW it is a 2004 sti

Some help would be nice :)

I read [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] method but that just wont work for me that pin just wont come out at all...

I'm no expert with the clutch install itself, maybe something like PB Blaster to get it loose or any lubricant you may have?
Hopefully they will chime in soon for ya

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sounds like its gaulded in there. We use heat and PB Blaster. ?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hah, Im useless here. I havent worked on a clutch in a decade+

Whatever finally works, please let us know.

SudoSTI

Mine was fairly stuck in there. From what I recall I put the bolt in, put needle nose pliers around the bolt beneath the head, and used it like a lever to pry it out. Or if you want to really go caveman you could position the pliers in the same way and hammer the pliers while simultaneously keeping tension on the cylinder. And just to cover all bases, you disengaged the fork like HolyCrapItsFast has in his tutorial, correct?

SudoSTI

Lulz, totally realized disengaging the fork is AFTER what you're trying to accomplish. Too many beverages when I was at that point on mine I suppose. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesome!