looking for books?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
anyone do a lot of reading? post up your favorite books car related or not. i am looking for a new book to read but cant seem to find anything automotive related with a decent story. any suggestions?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The Bible. ?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
very nice [MENTION=2134]Gregroot198521[/MENTION]. i dont read much but id like to start reading more i just dont know what i would like or where to start. any suggestions?

Go to the library and start picking up random books that strike your fancy. I'm more into fantasy and sci-fi, so that's generally the types of books you'll find me reading. Guess the question is then: what interests you? War movies, suspense, fantasy, mystery, etc...?

Some of my favorite series are the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson (he also has some good side work with Ian C. Esslemont in the same series universe), the Camilod Chronicles series by Jack Whyte (if you find the King Arthur mythology cool, that's a good series), the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks, the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (who also finished the last book in the Wheel of Time series after Jordan died). The list can continue for a while too, since there are a few more series that I've read a few times in there, as well as piece-meal of other book series (like the R. A. Salvatore books or almost everything by Tolkien).

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I really LOVED the Rama series by Arthur C. Clarke. It's a sci-fi series thats explores creation, humanity, meaning, etc... I haven't read it in a long time but i'd really savor going back to enjoy it again.

Fast Car Physics, is a book written by a witness to some of the greatest drivers of yester-year. He does a really good job of talking about even terms we THINK we understand in a profound way (eg over/understeer).

Ender's Game was an absolute favorite of mine as a "kid." If you've seen the movie, and enjoyed it at all, the book is so much better.

East of Eden is my favorite of the sorta "high literature" books. It was just so beautiful.

So if you're at all into Non-Fiction, "Guns, Germs, and Steel" was amazing. The book is an exploration of why certain societies evolved to be so succesful, when others were not (think of the Spanish vs the Incas). REALLLLLLLY fascinating. I'd almost recommend skipping the first chapter (prologue?), which was written in a way where you think "oh I get it already, no need for the whole book" but end up being totally wrong.

Ringworld. Another Sci-Fi favorite from my youth. Man, I need to go back and read it.

Ludlum, anything. He's the author of all the Bourne movies. They're all pretty cool, even/especially not the bourne books.

Thats all for now, many more to come!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
that help quite a bit guys thanks. ill let you know what i end up choosing. i do like sci-fi a bit, and i feel like i would like a mystery but something tells me no. ill have to spend some time in a library or barns&noble one day.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
so i decided to start reading the Harry Potter books. i love the movies so i wanted to see how much more detail the books have and even on the very first page im learning new things about the series. almost finished with the first book after a few days of reading.