5 Reasons You Should Buy the New Subaru WRX, Not the STI: Review

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
People are calling us out now saying they can't believe we posted this on our FB page.

Get over it, and learn to read what we did say in the first paragraph. :ty:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
People are calling us out now saying they can't believe we posted this on our FB page.

Get over it, and learn to read what we did say in the first paragraph. :ty:

Sadly, most people don't have a lot going on between their ears.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sadly, most people don't have a lot going on between their ears.

Unfortunately this is true. We just wanted to show everyone that the writer has no clue what he is really taking about.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Rant time: I'll give him some of that. Some. Yes, Subaru should have redone the STi's engine for 2015 like they did for the WRX. The WRX is indeed an increasingly enticing option for this model year. I'll give him that much. And that's where it ends. The STi is still well enough above the WRX to justify buying it. You would expect that, see as it's in Subaru's own interests to make the STi that much more appealing than the WRX and that much more of a car so that they actually sell them. Next, did this ignoramus happen a glance at the owner's manual? Or perhaps the mentioned Subaru forums that he visited that would have corrected him on much of that? The bit about the SI-Drive is about 90% baloney. He got the bit about the fact that it's throttle response. But the rest of it...no. Intelligent is not the inclement weather mode. Try "Fuel economy and relaxed throttle response." He then associates S# with the best handling...wrong again. The only other thing I feel that changes with SI Drive is the Clutch feel, as in Sport Sharp it gets rather jumpy. It's not confusing at all, as well. It makes the car livable as a daily driver. If the car was just in sport sharp(my impression with the few test drives I had of the 04-07 STi's) all the time, it would be trying to boost into the car in front of you in traffic. Unfortunately, Sammie my STi finds herself in quite a bit of traffic because I live in Atlanta and she's my daily driver/only car at the moment. So the 3 modes are quite useful there. Also, with the DCCD, no one's forcing him to not put it in Auto and let the car do the deciding. The most complicated system he's ever seen? How many has he seen? One? Two? The Honda Civic perhaps?? Oh wait.......... :rofl::| Besides, those who buy the STi(most of them, anyway) will know their stuff and know how to handle that, unlike this newborn car noob. Oh, and another thing, most people who pay attention to my STi, give me a thumbs up, compliment the car, or even try to talk to me about it. Knock on wood, I have yet to see anyone laugh at it. The BMW drivers probably do, but that's because they think.....Okay I'll stop there. Most people who interested know about the car and why it looks like it does, especially in regards to the hood scoop, the large rear wing, etc etc etc. I recommend that the writer of this article go back to observing on car forums and never write another automotive article again. :idea::dur:

/Rant.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=3129]WesternSTi[/MENTION] great rant!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I will agree with that statement if both cars are stock. However, if it's your specific M3, the M3 is a no brainer.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
There is nothing confusing about the SI drive and dccd. Especially the SI drive. Derp derp

Alter3go

All day every day. Plus, Subaru owners are a heck of a lot more friendly. I'll keep my other very opinionated words about BMW to myself though.

Well I don't own my STI anymore and I have an E46 M3 and I enjoyed my Subie way more. I get a lot of people who "hate" on my car though. Oh yeah I went to mustang week with the subie and I was Booed, but when I stopped and got out I was like the unicorn out there and got mad videos and pics and questions about my car it was nice. I think it just who you're surrounded by. I remain humble either way and feel blessed/grateful with the sweet car guys I come across. I got a lot of dudes here that give me crap, but I respect their love toward their vehicle. Subaru has been my second favorite vehicle to own besides my 93 Supra :)

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Well, I'm glad there's one humble BMW driver who doesn't have their nose stuck up in the air. I absolutely agree with you...It's who you surround yourself with. Again, thats why I'm glad I own a Subie. Now that I've gone Subie, I don't think there's any going back for this guy. It's such a great community, overall. Yeah there's a few bad apples here and there, but generally it's a great community. I just can't wait to get a daily Subaru so I can stop putting miles on my STi everyday. Lol.

Alter3go

I'm looking for a daily as well 1980 Toyota Corolla wagon perhaps? if I can't find that I'm going subaru again!

Alter3go

Tell me that ain't sick. Especially with some coils. Some 15in watanabes and the mirrors on the fenders!!