First sti first turbo vehicle

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you take a video of the shifter slop and post it here? Use your index finger and thumb to grab the shift knob, and GENTLY move it around in circles. No force. If it truly does slosh around with a lot of play, then yes, you need to get bushings. If it doesn't slosh around to a degree that I'm imagining by what you've stated, then it's also possible that you just need to get used to the STi's shifter.

Again, it's extremely hard to tell sitting here behind a computer and not there directly by you. I'm just trying to help out as much as I can.

Thank you. yes I had it in 3rd. Had a vid showing me shifting out and back in but it was to big a file to upload

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Worst case scenario if you replace the shifter bushings and the under bushing it will stiffen up the shifting quite a bit. Just make sure you do both the shifter bushings and the rubber mount that mounts under the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Worst case scenario if you replace the shifter bushings and the under bushing it will stiffen up the shifting quite a bit. Just make sure you do both the shifter bushings and the rubber mount that mounts under the car.

I agree, from what I understand the pivot bushing underneath is probably the source of your excessive slop. Those bushings Raven is talking about will not make it all go away but it will tighten it up considerably.

It doesn't look absolutely terrible but it could be improved upon with new bushings like the others said but again it isn't as bad as others I've seen.

Thannk you everyone. That's what I was figuring but definitely wanted to get an opinion first. Seems like, from some videos I've watched, it's fairly straight forward install. Thanks again everyone

Thannk you everyone. That's what I was figuring but definitely wanted to get an opinion first. Seems like, from some videos I've watched, it's fairly straight forward install. Thanks again everyone

Yea it?s pretty straight forward on the install hardest part will be jacking up the car to access the pivot bushing bolt if you can reach it from above.

From what I have gathered amsoil 5w30/40 is the way to go when it comes to filter I know the OEM is the best but is there any other brands that are just as good got about 1000 before my next change

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I used Shell Rotella T6. Gets a good reputation in most circles, and is available for about ~17 (IIRC) at Walmart.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I used Shell Rotella T6. Gets a good reputation in most circles, and is available for about ~17 (IIRC) at Walmart.

I haven't run this in the STi yet, but it's in our two other vehicles and will likely go in the STi next change. My experience has been only positive and as grinder said it has a good rep and is cheap.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
$17-21 or whatever Rotella T6 costs is a steal in my opinion. No reason not to have fun in the car and change oil every 3,000 miles to ensure sound maintenance.

If you wanted to extend your oil change intervals, you can get a Used Oil Analysis done at Blackstone Labs. You can test out different intervals and find out from YOUR specific results at how often you want to change the oil.

Found out today that I do have an open source tune on the car iag pistons unsure on other internals car is making 405 with tune on 93 I was told the injectors had also been upgraded and that it needs to be looked at buy another tune shop that knows more about Subarus this shop mainly did older vehicles and drag cars and he didn't want to miss inform me on anything yet recommended someone for me I'm headed there tomorrow

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Found out today that I do have an open source tune on the car iag pistons unsure on other internals car is making 405 with tune on 93 I was told the injectors had also been upgraded and that it needs to be looked at buy another tune shop that knows more about Subarus this shop mainly did older vehicles and drag cars and he didn't want to miss inform me on anything yet recommended someone for me I'm headed there tomorrow

Hold up as this can't be correct!

You have a stock turbo with the stock heat shield still attached, alongside a stock downpipe. If the previous owner built the engine and left stock components like the turbo and downpipe, there's no way the car is making 405HP. First of all, I'm positive that much power is impossible with the stock turbo and downpipe. Do you have a dyno sheet to support that statement? Do you have any receipts or pictures that came with the car? Who is telling you this information?

How did events unfold that this information was revealed to you?

Hold up as this can't be correct!

You have a stock turbo with the stock heat shield still attached, alongside a stock downpipe. If the previous owner built the engine and left stock components like the turbo and downpipe, there's no way the car is making 405HP. First of all, I'm positive that much power is impossible with the stock turbo and downpipe. Do you have a dyno sheet to support that statement? Do you have any receipts or pictures that came with the car? Who is telling you this information?

How did events unfold that this information was revealed to you?
As I see my mistake and I do apologise. I was told as a possible 405 it was word of mouth no actual Dyno has been done yet( as I see after doing some research best I could have at stage 2 is around 330+/-) that's what tommorow is hopefully for if I can get in and done before work. Yes stock down pipe still and a top end build. I went and did a full gasket set on it had a buddy in a machine shop check everything out before putting back together. This is why it's going on Dyno to see what has been done to it to see if anything needs to be fixed.