How to make the stock snorkul function on aftermarket intakes

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This was in the spur of a moment after i popped my hood open to let the car cool down and check oil level! :lol: [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=3231]BlobeyeSTi[/MENTION] its not perfect but it works! :rofl: all you need is a saw. :tup:

Heres how the car looks now with both openings:

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You have fans?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes. Theres a thread on them!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Where?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Noob questions i believe

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
When did you do this?! I'm JUST ABOUT TO DO THIS and was going to make a How-To :lol: you beat me to it!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
4 days ago! I even tagged your ass! :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You should cap off the end, so the air is directed out of the hole you cut. Otherwise, the natural flow of the air is mostly moving straight out the end and into the hole in the fender. It's not as inclined to make a right hand out of the sawed out hole and straight turn into the filter. Just my $0.02.

If you modify it further, post it up. :bigtup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How do you suggest i cap it off?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
4 days ago! I even tagged your ass! :rofl:

My bad. I see that now. I was in Texas from Thursday to Monday visiting my sister and brother in law. We were very busy the whole time and I missed a lot here as it seems. They live on Canyon Lake and one of their neighbors is loaded. He took us out on his sweet ass 35 foot cigar boat that has two 502 Super Chevy's in the back, and hung out at his pool...inside his house. So I wasn't spending time online. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
How do you suggest i cap it off?

That depending on what kind of material you have laying around. A sheet of polymer or any plastic that you could cut, form fit and then glue, rivet or tape on. I personally would even consider taping it off, but do a very clean, nice job and trim it with a razor, paint it black, the whole nine yards. It's all in what you have available and how creative you are I guess.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I wouldnt have been online either if i were in your shoes! :tup:

I could care less what it looks like hahahaha. I might just duct tape it off at the end. Ill see if i have any plastic laying around but i dont intend to get creative with it! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hell, you could even wrap thick plastic over the end and secure it with a metal pipe band clamp and then trim the excess with a razor.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Per request. :rofl:

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Alin is always thinking about engine bay and intake cooling. :lol:
My intake is quite a bit different and there's very little space for me to work with, so when I get a chance to cut the piece you sent me, its gonna be interesting. :tup:
I've got so much on my plate right now that sadly, the Batmobile is a low priority. Just last night my gf and I ripped out 90% of our upstairs bathroom with we are remodeling this weekend.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey this was your idea! [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

I just did what you suggested! :tup: and decided to make the quick how to since it was so simple.