What's a great AS tire?

A decent AS tire that runs pretty well in the snow is what I'm looking for. I'm up here in the northwest where its mostly rain so I'm not really looking for a winter tire.

Wifey wants to head up the mountains very soon so I want your recommendations on what to point my eyes at this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had Michelin MXM4's and ran them for 40k miles. They still had 4/32nd when I took them off. Somewhat pricey, but they last as long as you rotate every 3k.

Hmm, I have an empty firestone credit card. Should I just get some Blizzaks? lol This is one that pops up (BLIZZAK WS-80), is this fine to use daily in cold/wet conditions? Or would I end up burning the rubber xP

I saw the POTENZA RE970AS POLE POSITION as well but the winter specs of it sucks.

Edit: Any feedback on the following?
[h=1]FALKEN ZIEX ZE950 AS[/h][h=4]Continental ExtremeContact DWS06[/h]

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
BLIZZAKS are a very soft compound and are best used in snow rather than dry pavement. do you know the tire size? ill take a look at what comes up and give you my recommendation

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Continetal Extreme Contact > Michelin MXM4. Blizzaks I'd buy used if you really needed them.

Check out simpletire.com. This is where I've gotten my last 3 new sets of tires from. Ignore the cheap crap and search good brands. I'd also look on Nasioc if I were you. I recall seeing a set of Extreme Contacts recently. If you buy used, do your research as to what to look for. I've had great success with these methods on all my cars.

I am running toyo proxes 4 plus ATM and have no complaints about them seem to hand well in rain/dry weather just fine. Haven't taken them to the snow yet.

The Conti DWS is a good all season tire, although I find its sidewall a bit soft.
I ended up getting the DWS and I like them. Almost, just almost on par with the stock Dunlop's IMO.

But as far as sidewall goes, are you comparing experience on the 35? Or 40? I'm using 255/40/18 and I think its just fine. But most go with 35 and maybe that sidewall isn't as great as were all used to the stock 40?

I took it through snow with confidence too :) handles dry wet snow like a dream tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk