The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Well, I bought it. We pick it up in a few hours :)

I didn't get quite as great of a deal as I hoped but $17,600 is a good deal for that mileage, plus it is in great condition.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Awesome! Post up some pics when you get it home

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Where are the pictures?!?! :banghead:

I also want driving impressions!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
2014 Buick Regal Turbo, Premium I

2.0 liter turbocharged ECOTECH and 6-speed shiftable automatic. 3702 lbs. FWD, 259 hp / 295 lb-ft tq.
4bdb9277173bc31103610648030a7784.jpg
b311df790bdbc4f9503746b640aa9256.jpg
ec50de024451a12dcf70b041049f43b5.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
WTF, that's quite some power. @HolyCrapItsFast , we need your help tuning it! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I think I want to plasti-dip the wheels and maaaybe the faux chrome trim around the windows. Black it out a little bit.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
4 good coats on each wheel with Plastidip for optimal results that will last years! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Where are the pictures?!?! :banghead:

I also want driving impressions!

I really like it. The interior is much nicer than what I've been used to. The chassis, borrowed from the Opel Insignia before GM sold their stake in Opel, is quite stiff and very responsive. It drives and feels like a more expensive sports sedan. It's a little bit heavy at 3,702 lbs. but the 2.0T Ecotech moves it along in a hurry, reaching 60mph in 6.1 seconds, which I feel is more than enough for a family sedan. The 6-speed shiftable automatic screams through the gears, especially in manual shift mode. Traction control keeps the front tires planted without reducing throttle input to a noticeable level. Turn off the traction control and the tires will howl away from a stoplight.

Steering, suspension, stability, power and ride quality is just as good as my wife's Cadillac ATS, which I think is saying a lot for a modestly priced Buick. In fact, it's the same engine and transmission as in the ATS. I think it's about the best choice I could have made for the price, mileage and what you get for your money.

I haven't had much time to drive it hard yet. I don't think I'm going to drive it quite like I drive the STi, but I'm relatively aggressive behind the wheels so it's only a matter of time before I give you more spirited driving reviews.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Good shit! What size and type of tires does it have?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Umm...shit. I am moderately ashamed that I do not remember. The wheels are 18's though. I can get back to you on the tires later.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Michelin Primacy MXM4
P235/50R18 97V

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh wow, legit! I ran 44,000 miles with 4/32nd remaining on my STi long, long ago!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] , so give us more feedback on the car now that you've lived with it for almost a week! Is there anything that you hate? Is there anything that you truly love and wished all cars would have? Tell us!!!! :banghead:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I haven't really found anything I don't like about it. I'm sure I will eventually, since no car is perfect. It would be nice if it had a small shelf on the dash with a sticky pad to put a cellphone, like my wife's Equinox has, but that's no big deal. Oh! One thing that bothered me a bit at first was the side mirrors. The size is a little bit small, partially due to the shape but that's something I can get used to.

I do really appreciate the compartments and cubby holes in the doors, center console and dash. Lots of snug places for my wallet, Glock, extra magazines and so forth. There are some very handy places to plug in USB and AUX cables as well. I also really like the seats, not only the comfort level but also the numerous motorized adjustments available.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Heated and cooled seats?

Might as well post up what options the car has!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member