IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How does this make everyone feel?

Stephen Elmer
| Jul 09 2014, 3:24 PM

15LanEvoGSR_City.jpg

Mitsubishi
has confirmed that 2015 will be the last year of production for its top performance car, the Lancer Evolution.
In many other world markets the Lancer Evolution has already been discontinued, but it lives on for one more year here in the US. To try and keep it fresh, a host of small updates were given to the car for its final year, though all the vital stats stay the same.

Exactly what will replace the Lancer Evolution is still a mystery, although we do know it will almost certainly feature some sort of hybrid powertrain. The latest report suggests that the new sports car from the Japanese brand will be closer to what the old 3000GT was, featuring a 2+2 coupe body style.

SEE ALSO: 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer gets Mild Facelift

Another report suggests the new car will use the powertrain from the XR-PHEV Concept, a 1.1-liter direct-injection turbo MIVEC engine that’s assisted by a high-efficiency electric motor and a high-capacity battery pack.

GALLERY: 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Theyre smart and backed out. Now only the sti will get slaughtered by the hellcat. :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why do you think they gave up?

Alter3go

I don't think they did they're probably taking a break. To develop something different and go a more radical direction unlike the STI which practically the same. I honestly think the STI should take a break too. This latest STI is kind of sorry.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
To be honest the new STi handles unbelievable.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
As much as I love the idea of the Hellcat, I just can't find any application where I'd rather have a tractionless, cheap hp monster over a grippy launch monster. heh

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We rather take the Polaris Slingshot!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
HOLY STICKER SHOCK!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The sti has changed over the years. Sure its the same trans and engine but look at everything else! Take 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 stock stis and see their times at the track.

circuit tracks that is.

quality_sound

Everyone says they don't need that much power...until they drive a car with that much power. I drove G-Power's supercharged E92 M3 which was making roughly 700HP at the wheels and it was definitely not a "tractionless HP monster". Having that much power available without having to worry about what gear you're in and still get better mileage than an STI is a glorious thing.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have a supercharged E46 M3 with 600HP :) and it's amazing.
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] Ban this fool UNLESS he makes a journal. :tup: