Round 2: My 2015 Galaxy Blue Journal

Eagleye

Tinkerer
It's official...

Enkei TFRs, black lug nuts, and hubcentric adapters are on order through Jordan @Defined Performance

I feel like I toot his horn a lot, but it is warranted. Jordan has hooked me up with everything aftermarket on my car and does it all at the best prices around. Can't recommend him enough! :tup:

Now the hunt for tires needs to be completed by Monday so I can get everything together and on the car :peelout:

Last edited:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Upgraded my car detailing arsenal yesterday and today. Last night I bought a Groits synthetic clay bar (never used one before) which came with a free 64oz jug of their car wash. I also got a Chemical Guys spray cleaner/polish with 3 free microfiber towels. Today I ordered: a Bosch cordless leaf blower to air dry my car and use around the house, Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, and Chemical Guys V.R.P. Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Dressing.

I can report that the synthetic clay bar and Chemical Guys spray polish are awesome. I was a bit skeptical about the synthetic clay bar but it seems to work well.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can't wait to see pics of the rims when they come in! I hope one of the Philly guys come through!!!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Installed my wind deflectors today after getting the oil changed in both of the other cars and washing/ vacuuming them as well. I'm tired...

20190330_165727.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wind deflectors or rain guards?!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Getting the garage prepped and enough space made to do the spring install in the next couple weeks. Starting to get excited for the upcoming mods!
994aaee2793d18e495e0e859e214a2bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
20190401_185238.jpg

Was making good progress on the shifter install tonight until I ran into a c clip...damnit. Borrowing a tool tomorrow and should have it together by the evening if all goes okay.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can never have enough tools!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Update:

So I did find that I had a c clip tool, it just didnt have any ends installed. My father in law brought over his pair that had 90* tips but they did not work. Ended up using a pair of nails to make straight tips and got the install finished. Drove it to work this morning. Pretty nice, definitely not a "wow" mod for me but I do like the lower shifter height. Full write up will be in the product reviews section.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I commented in the review thread. Drive the car for 7 days and then give us your updated thoughts!

I recall the Kartboy short shifter kit making a big difference to me back in 2012 when I had it installed.

"Kartboy has crafted this shifter from TIG welded 4130 chromoly steel. Shortens throw by approximately 40%."

40% must surely make a difference. :lol: Give it a week!!!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
My Wideband gauge and Moroso oil pickup arrived today. I'll probably be looking to do my oil pickup, filter adapter, and oil pressure gauge when I next change my oil this summer.

Officially doing my springs and lower control arms this Saturday when my buddy gets off work. Might also be installing new shifter bushings in his car (07 wrx limited) and mine.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Post a picture of your friend's car Saturday and tell him to join the forum! :tup:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Post a picture of your friend's car Saturday and tell him to join the forum! :tup:

Will do. He has a pretty cool hood dump, they did a nice job fabbing it up. Along with his ELH he is basically an Evo Haha

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! :tup:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Picked up my tires today, got the price down to $225. Once the wheels arrive and get mounted there will be plenty of pictures. Starting to get excited now :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk