Spamby's '08 STi

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
AWESOME!! that really gives me a idea finally! thank. i talked to jordan at defined and the rims will be another month. they will be paid off and i will have the tires before they even get here.

What tire?

What tire?

continental DWS i want these's i am doing some mammoth trips the season so smarter chose but unsure on size i think these will fit best. 255-35-18 what do you think??? [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] i know you are good at this.

Alter3go

I got the conti extremecontact dws all away around they feel like a wayyy meatier tire and have quite a bit of grip. I live down the road from the factory so they weren't too bad on price either.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
continental DWS i want these's i am doing some mammoth trips the season so smarter chose but unsure on size i think these will fit best. 255-35-18 what do you think??? [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] i know you are good at this.

That should work. 245 will work too.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm also learning the michelin as3 are performing better in the dry than the DWS. These tires are very close to a summer tire. Had them on wet roads yesterday and they were exceptional there too. But the DWS was also exceptional in the wet. Snow may be a different story judging by the tread but I'm not intending these to be driven in the snow.

the 245 40 18 are a pit cheaper than the 255 35 18 [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] which ones do you think will fit the absolute best?? I'm not worried about the price just want a perfect fit. the flush look. don't really want the tire to roll more flush is what i am going for.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
the 245 40 18 are a pit cheaper than the 255 35 18 [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] which ones do you think will fit the absolute best?? I'm not worried about the price just want a perfect fit. the flush look. don't really want the tire to roll more flush is what i am going for.

The 255 will be more square with the wheel, if that's what you mean?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yes this what I mean. The 245 won't me much of a difference.

Here's a little tip:

A 9 inch wheel measures almost ten inches from lip to lip. Assuming this is standard, a 9.5" wheel should be almost 10.5" in width between the lips. Now go look at the tires section width, or overall width, not the tread width. This can be found on places like Tirerack under the specs or at the manufacturers website. Now knowing you have a rim with an overall width of around 10.5", you can find a tire that has a section width of around the same. Larger and the tire will bulge more, less and it will stretch in. This should help you gain a perspective of how the tire will fit.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Junk that heap.