what offset will work best with these volts??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
http://simpletire.com/sumitomo-p255-35zr18-5517949-tires

I had these tires 2 winters ago. I don't advise you drive with them through winter, but they do the damn job, WELL!.... :doh:

How much are you looking to pay per tire for those DWS?

If solely summer tires, here is from my personal experience:

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 > Bridgestone Potenza RE760 > Sumitomo HTR Z III

Last edited:
so far i have found them for 210 each. havent really looked to much into it yet. just kinda started. since i got the rimes orders now i am looking for tires. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] has helped me out alot!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If your winters are very simple and you barely see snow, then I say go with a more summer orientated tire rather than the DWS. Summer tires do well in rain as long as you're not flooring it around a turn... Also, make sure you link us with whatever you're looking at. I've done extensive research on tire prices and have always found a cheaper set on a different site. :tup:

i was looking at these Bridgestone Potenza RE760 and the RE970 too just was unsure on what to get. i will drive up to mammoth from time to time to go boarding. the only place i have looked was tirerack.com the dws seems good as do the brigdestone

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
There really is no need for a summer tire if you don't plan on using it for its potential. Standard commuting and occasional spirited driving don't necessitate the need for a summer performance tire. A high performance all season can more than do the job for most driving situations.
Unless your making a lot more power than stock and your car sees track time or heavy driving like canyon runs, I say skip it.
There are less aggressive summer tires that provide some longevity and comfort and you may want to look at them. Summer tires are not to be used in cold weather. They become hard and lose traction easily.
Honestly don't get too wrapped up in guys slapping on 200 rated ultra sticky treads so they can drive to work and McDonald's and then replacing them every year all the while stating because the car needs it.

[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] i think i am going with the dws they will work for what i need through winter. i do take my car on canyon runs from time to time. but only push it hard during the summer. i am pushing 311whp and 346 tq so far.. just want a really good functional tire to get me through winter.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] i think i am going with the dws they will work for what i need through winter. i do take my car on canyon runs from time to time. but only push it hard during the summer. i am pushing 311whp and 346 tq so far.. just want a really good functional tire to get me through winter.

They work for what I've put them through and I have a bit more power than you.
Don't pull the trigger yet however, do some more research on different tires. You have some time.

will do i am going to keep my eyes open!! thanks again [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]. yeah i got sometime. cant wait to hold those bad boys in my hand then to see what they will lool like on my car. so excited!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
will do i am going to keep my eyes open!! thanks again [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]. yeah i got sometime. cant wait to hold those bad boys in my hand then to see what they will lool like on my car. so excited!!

I'm excited too. Lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Take a look at the Michelin pilot a/s 3.
Those get very good ratings. Tirerack says drives like a summer tire. Snow and ice driving is poor with them. They are definitely a dry and wet weather tire.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Friend had those pilots on his g35 for 55k miles. They grip great and he drove them through 2 winters. :tup: :lol:

i will check them out once i get off work. planned on doing some research today. [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] did he drive through the snow with them??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yep. Winters suck here.