Engine number two!!!!!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Closed deck blocks stabilize movement of the cylinder while under extreme conditions and makes for an overall solid block. It is the best alternative to sleeves IMO. Head gaskets will last longer and are more effective because the expansion rate of surrounding material is more evenly distributed. The disadvantage is less efficient cooling, but I have yet to run into any issues due to cooling problems. More and more people are reporting good success with closed deck blocks.

FL4TTURBO

Which company makes the best closed deck block and should I even worry about doing one if my goal is only 400 whp?
IAG.

Because you want that 400whp to last.......it's quite simple.

4-500whp is my goal too. Just don't know with what car yet....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

FL4TTURBO

Closed deck blocks stabilize movement of the cylinder while under extreme conditions and makes for an overall solid block. It is the best alternative to sleeves IMO. Head gaskets will last longer and are more effective because the expansion rate of surrounding material is more evenly distributed. The disadvantage is less efficient cooling, but I have yet to run into any issues due to cooling problems. More and more people are reporting good success with closed deck blocks.
I assume you have a block from IAG/OutFront?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No, but I have worked on many closed deck setups and I see allot come through the shops that I am associated with. :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] did AWDTuning cause that?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

No they were not the cause of it. I put 30k miles on it since them and three track days. Piston two cracked a Ringland and the other pic is what was left of that compression tester part that fell inside.