Don't trust fuel line lol

So after changing my stock fuel pump to a walbro 255 I decided to change the hose that connects the pump to the sending pipe . that was a week ago. Get off of work and I instantly knew there was a problem . . so I freaked out . (way more then I should ) about what it could be. Luckly I work at a shop and is a mechanic so I had an open source to all tech savvy tools. Noticed I was running way to lean!!!! Even at 2500 rpm . so I hooked a fuel gauge and got pissed when I say I only had 15 psi . how my car was even running with that is remarkable lol. So I went to go out my stock pump back in will at a dispare of no more fuel power and boom!! Hose that has been stamped for fuel line broken and burst . note to self don't trust aftermarket fuel line . lol
c6a373d87812eb8c251c3eb487e4ea60.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have noticed the quality of fuel line has gone way down of late. The line in my car is only year old and it is dry and cracking. I paid a lot of money too thinking I was getting good stock.

Yea this also got me as well. [MENTION=6318]Rob_wrx_cars[/MENTION] and I just got done replacing it because on way home the other day the car started misfiring really bad on cyl 1. That being said I will be pulling my motor again soon for best case new head gaskets. Cyl 1 psi 0 and cyl 3 psi 90. Will post more in my thread later. Time for a beer and shot of whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yea this also got me as well. @Rob_wrx_cars and I just got done replacing it because on way home the other day the car started misfiring really bad on cyl 1. That being said I will be pulling my motor again soon for best case new head gaskets. Cyl 1 psi 0 and cyl 3 psi 90. Will post more in my thread later. Time for a beer and shot of whiskey.

WTF Happeded!

Driving home fuel went lean and started running like crap. Still need more investigation on it, but looks fuel line burst between fuel pump and filter and went lean on #1 , last cyl in the fuel sequence. Best case I blew the head gasket worse case ring landing won't know more till I do a complete leek-down and compression test on entire motor. Aka need more data.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That sucks. Sad face. :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Damn... Please keep me apprised of the situation. In the tune I increase base fuel pump duty to counteract the stumble and to better accommodate larger injectors. I have never run into a burst fuel line from this but do you think that could be a factor? The fuel lines usually are rated to minimum 175psi burst pressure and the system could never reach that. It is possible it is just shitty line, but it is also possible something else is the cause.

When did you notice it going lean and under what condition?

Driving home fuel went lean and started running like crap. Still need more investigation on it, but looks fuel line burst between fuel pump and filter and went lean on #1 , last cyl in the fuel sequence. Best case I blew the head gasket worse case ring landing won't know more till I do a complete leek-down and compression test on entire motor. Aka need more data.

Damn... Please keep me apprised of the situation. In the tune I increase base fuel pump duty to counteract the stumble and to better accommodate larger injectors. I have never run into a burst fuel line from this but do you think that could be a factor? The fuel lines usually are rated to minimum 175psi burst pressure and the system could never reach that. It is possible it is just shitty line, but it is also possible something else is the cause.

When did you notice it going lean and under what condition?

Honestly I think it was just a shitty original line from 2004 when the car was built. I know should of replaced it last time I changed fuel filters. However never even passed my thought process because as you, I have never come across this either. As to when it went lean never registered as lean or rich, on wide band, because the other injectors I think are compensating for it. That being said No real way to get a afr per cyl with out a o2 on each runner.

Never the less I replaced the line and will be replacing the fuel pump as well for good measure before it's put back into service. Will more than likely need an adjustment on the tune. What fuel pump would you get [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] ?