Induction

Piper86

Hi all,
So i found my current induction setup (done by the previous owner) is not ideal and j might be getting some air leakage post MAF on the turbo inlet side.

Im considering replacing the turbo inlet and pipe but keeping the stock airbox with a high flow pan filter.

I'll most probably be importing parts from the US and be using rallysportdirect.com

I found the following options/combinations.
Perrin turbo inlet
Mishimoto turbo inlet(Rockstar edition)
Perrin post MAF hose
Cobb post MAF hose
Perrin throttle body hose
Cobb throttle body hose

As the prices differ quite a bit the I'm still considering options.
The obvious choice for me would be going with Perrin all the way however this is the most expensive option.

Choosing a Mishimoto turbo inlet makes sense price wise however Mishimoto don't offer the other fittings i require.

Does the finish/texture differ between the brands or would a Perrin post MAF fitted to a Mishimoto turbo inlet look alike once installed?

I also want a smooth fitment finish between the joints with no raised edges which is why i'm looking as the specific parts.

I'm also considering changing the throttle body hose while i'm busy with it all

All the pipes leading go and from the intake pipe have ben rerouted or blanked off on the car. A catch can is installed and the blow of valve is open to atmosphere. I wouldn't mind connecting it back if I would gain performance or consumption from this.

I have attached a photo
6a9b941578a8df0525b14b53ac53b16c.jpg
of the current setup.

Welcome!
As far as my personal preference to buy parts I would ask [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION] for pricing :)

There will be a difference between finishes from the different brands. Perrin's finish is very consistent but as you suggest, they are pricey. As far as performance from one to the other, there is little difference and near as much makes no difference.

If you do anything please reroute the BPV discharge back to the turbo inlet. Vent to atmosphere BOV's on a MAF car is a big no no. It makes shifting allot more erratic and it goes extreme rich during shift. It is bad for the plugs and the cat and can dirty your oil sooner lowering the oil life.

Any of the vendors here will give you a good deal on anything you need, Start a quote thread in the "request a quote" forum to ping all of our vendors. https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/forums/288-Request-A-Price-Quote

Hi all,
So i found my current induction setup (done by the previous owner) is not ideal and j might be getting some air leakage post MAF on the turbo inlet side.

Im considering replacing the turbo inlet and pipe but keeping the stock airbox with a high flow pan filter.

I'll most probably be importing parts from the US and be using rallysportdirect.com

I found the following options/combinations.
Perrin turbo inlet
Mishimoto turbo inlet(Rockstar edition)
Perrin post MAF hose
Cobb post MAF hose
Perrin throttle body hose
Cobb throttle body hose

As the prices differ quite a bit the I'm still considering options.
The obvious choice for me would be going with Perrin all the way however this is the most expensive option.

Choosing a Mishimoto turbo inlet makes sense price wise however Mishimoto don't offer the other fittings i require.

Does the finish/texture differ between the brands or would a Perrin post MAF fitted to a Mishimoto turbo inlet look alike once installed?

I also want a smooth fitment finish between the joints with no raised edges which is why i'm looking as the specific parts.

I'm also considering changing the throttle body hose while i'm busy with it all

All the pipes leading go and from the intake pipe have ben rerouted or blanked off on the car. A catch can is installed and the blow of valve is open to atmosphere. I wouldn't mind connecting it back if I would gain performance or consumption from this.

I have attached a photo//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160817/6a9b941578a8df0525b14b53ac53b16c.jpg of the current setup.

Piper86

Awesome feedback guys
Thanks a lot
I will be rerouting the BOV asap as this answers sone of my problem questions
This explains backfires and heavy fuel consumption then

Piper86

What other 3 pipes are you talking about if it's hoses going to the catch can you should keep the catch can to reduce blow by.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The ones coming out of the turbo inlet pipe, there are 3 smaller ones and then the recirculation pipe from the BOV which I'm going to reconnect

Piper86

Also
Which high flow filter would you guys recommend? I noted something of the wet filters nit being good for turbo cars?

I have mainly been looking at Cosworth (dry), COBB and K&N (wet) highflow man filters

For sure!

Awesome feedback guys
Thanks a lot
I will be rerouting the BOV asap as this answers sone of my problem questions
This explains backfires and heavy fuel consumption then

One is meant to go to the boost solenoid as an air return to the intake. The larger one originally went to the blow by system to capture oil vapors from the crank case and whent to the hard pipe that is capped off. The last one went to the ventilation valve on the intake manifold which you no longer have.

Maybe you should have another look at how your catch can is routed. It may not be ideal from the look of it.

The ones coming out of the turbo inlet pipe, there are 3 smaller ones and then the recirculation pipe from the BOV which I'm going to reconnect