05 STI BUILD

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Nice! What about the front now?

Nice! What about the front now?
The front has a perrin FMIC so that beam is replaced with the intercooler beam and FMIC.

The only two other weight reduction parts of the car I'm still searching for is a light weight subframe and a carbon fiber drive shaft.

I plan on relocating the battery to the trunk with a smaller sealed battery as well for weight redistribution and might remove the carbon evap canister for the final weight reduction.

I trying to find the happy medium between a stock street sti and track sti lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

That?s the battery I got but I haven?t put it under the passenger seat yet. I plan to when I park the car and strip it to redo the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s the battery I got but I haven?t put it under the passenger seat yet. I plan to when I park the car and strip it to redo the whole thing.

Nice you know that you can get good quality battery terminal ends and cables by pulling them from BMW e30 and e36 at the junk yards rite? They came stock with trunk mounted batteries that had good quality cables and ends.

SudoSTI

Good to know! I was probably going to have my buddy pick up some welding cable at work and make my own. Wasn?t sure about ends though.

Good to know! I was probably going to have my buddy pick up some welding cable at work and make my own. Wasn?t sure about ends though.

Allot of the late 90s Euro cars have the cables and ends that are sealed nicely so it makes an affordable method of relocating batteries

Shout out to [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] for paying his books forward to me. I'll have to pay it forward to another member after I'm done reading them. [MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION] I might be a cheap ass and choose you so you will get stuck with the shipping to the next member when your done with them lol.

P.S. for the peeps that don't know SudoSTI and I are in the same town

My patience finally paid off since this is the exact set of springs I've been trying to find used for a good deal. I almost picked up the RCE yellows several time for around $200-$250.

I figure when I install them with the GRworx camber plates I'll also do the grease zerk mod to the stock struts.

7c8a7d5d251eb0bc5cc6f78db19c335d.jpg

I have to pick up a pair of front bump stops but I'm wondering if anybody has done the grease zerk mod to the stock sti struts and have any feedback on It?
00ae84ab1857dbeb06d76308a80a1aa8.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Never heard of that mod before!

Never heard of that mod before!
Pretty much a cheap easy mod where you drill and tap a grease zerk in to each strut after cleaning them up. It then allows you to use a grease gun to pump grease in to the struts to reduce clunk and binding.

I believe feal struts offer this mod.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow. No joke about that. I don't remember the last time I saw one! Congrats on the snatch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been searching eBay and theforuns for over a year for a deal on the synapse and got lucky when a local subaru club member posted on the club FB page.

It's for the 08 and up WRX but for $75 I couldn't pass it up since I'll be getting a different flange and welding it to the FMIC piping.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What else are you currently looking for? Anything specific?

What else are you currently looking for? Anything specific?

Fuel rails and lines are the only things I need other then the GM IAT sensor, and radiator hoses to button up my build.

Things I'm looking for deals on are front sway bar and end links. A DEFI red boost gauge or AEM boost gauge.

Things I'm dreaming about are carbon fiber drive shaft, light weight front sub frame and fender braces for the future upgrades.