Best oil

Smh for posting this lol its always a huge debate. I bought t6 for my 08 sti. Recommendations? It's daily driven, and has a stock down pipe. I read the write up on ams vs purple vs penn? is there another write up I am missing?
Thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We've used all of them. We like Amsoil the best because of the Zinc content in the oil.

Great question. Thanks for asking.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I use T6 in mine for daily driving duties, and switch to AMSOIL for track time. There are always used oil analyses (UOA) to monitor if the oil is working well with your car.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
My car loves Amsoil. 87,000 miles on the stock block and still going strong! We recently did head gaskets and while the heads were off I inspected the cylinders. I could still see the original hash marks from the factory hone. Oil pressure is still strong @ 35psi at an idle on a hot motor and compression is as good as a new block. :tup:

STIpe

What do u guys think of MOTUL 15W50 COMPETITION 300V Oil for 2013 wrx sti? I have it in my car as dealer suggest.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Amsoil only for us also.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
What do u guys think of MOTUL 15W50 COMPETITION 300V Oil for 2013 wrx sti? I have it in my car as dealer suggest.

Motul is good oil but if you are running a stock motor, that weight is far to heavy and can actually cause you to spin a bearing. The recommended weight is 5W30. You can go with a 5W40 or 0W40 for extreme conditions but only if it is a full synthetic like AMSOIL.

AMSOIL makes the weight oil you require for most conditions including those seen in competition with out having to buy a race specific oil. Any of the high zinc oils are amazing.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Amsoil has lots of Zinc and that's great for your motor and turbo.

dj_gabit

If you still have warranty, put the dealer's oil in it. If not, you can go in summer with 5w40 and 5w30 for winter. This is my plan btw but we have hot summers and cold winters. I use only motul but in USA i see you guys have a lot of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STIpe

Any idea about filter. I saw black one, blue one and the most expencive pink (sti)
so what do u guys think of pink sti oil filter?

Picking the right oil is something I have been researching and reading about for a few months. I know I need to run good oil at a 3K-3.5K interval. From what I have read I am having a hard time deciding between AMSOIL, Redline, and Schaeffers. 5w30 seems to be the general consensus when it comes to the best weight to run as well. I know I can purchase Redline and Schaeffers through Amazon and they are about the same price. If I decide to go with AMSOIL I will have to wait until I get back down to Pensacola to try and find a distributor. Thoughts?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Picking the right oil is something I have been researching and reading about for a few months. I know I need to run good oil at a 3K-3.5K interval. From what I have read I am having a hard time deciding between AMSOIL, Redline, and Schaeffers. 5w30 seems to be the general consensus when it comes to the best weight to run as well. I know I can purchase Redline and Schaeffers through Amazon and they are about the same price. If I decide to go with AMSOIL I will have to wait until I get back down to Pensacola to try and find a distributor. Thoughts?
We've run Amsoil for years in our STi's. The zinc in the oil is great for them. Also lifetime members here get Amsoil for dealer cost. ?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Aggelos04

Hi pals,
As I live in Greece the average temps are around 10-15 C during winter and 25-40 C during summer. I currently use shell ultra racing 10W 60 full synthetic oil. My car is a 2004 Impreza STI. What are your views on my selection of oil ? In such hot environment suggested oils e.g. (5W30 or 10W40) are too thin for my car I guess

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
anything wrong with subaru synthetic 5w30 oil for a stock sti with 6k miles?
No issues with that oil at all.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*