Best setup for a daily driver 2013 wrx?

Jennifer Ross

I'm looking to lower my 2013 wrx sedan. I want to eliminate the wheel gap but not go too low.
i read good things about the GTWorks springs/bilstien struts combo. Any comments? Additionally, what's the main difference between GTWorks black and yellow springs?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm looking to lower my 2013 wrx sedan. I want to eliminate the wheel gap but not go too low.
i read good things about the GTWorks springs/bilstien struts combo. Any comments? Additionally, what's the main difference between GTWorks black and yellow springs?

I've read the GTworx setup as a very nice daily suspension. You just can't go wrong with Bilstein when it comes to shocks.
Blacks don't lower and offer a bit more comfort. Yellows are a tad more aggressive and lower a slight amount. On your gen car, vs. the previous GR, the yellows don't lower much and really they didn't lower much on the older GR. 15mm, maybe and probably 10mm on yours.
Feal does revalving of struts to match your spring choice, though the rears are replaced with their own "coilover" because the Gr/GV you can't do anything with them.

Jennifer Ross

I've read the GTworx setup as a very nice daily suspension. You just can't go wrong with Bilstein when it comes to shocks.
Blacks don't lower and offer a bit more comfort. Yellows are a tad more aggressive and lower a slight amount. On your gen car, vs. the previous GR, the yellows don't lower much and really they didn't lower much on the older GR. 15mm, maybe and probably 10mm on yours.
Feal does revalving of struts to match your spring choice, though the rears are replaced with their own "coilover" because the Gr/GV you can't do anything with them.

What would you suggest for lowering then? I'm think between an inch or 2... Will the Eibachs do a good job? I don't have the $$$ for coil overs right now :-(

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I always suggest a matched spring/strut combo and that leaves to something like Feal with swift springs. GTworx/Bilstein. Or you can go coilovers like Stance, BC, Fortune Auto or H&R with Bilstein dampers. Those will all be under 1500.
If your just wanting to do springs, Swift and Eibach are my only suggestion for lower than Racecomp yellows.
If your going lower than 1" you'll need to look at roll center adjustment, RCA and probably adjustable rear arms for toe and camber.