HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow nice lip?! Car is gonna look nasty with that matched wrb... Pics asap!!!!

I have to wait till the paint cures... It is still a bit soft. I'm thinking of waiting till after winter to put it on. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
HolyCrapItsFast... Back in the Suby again!

Then asap means in a few months! :lol:

Gonna look nasty!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
They are plastic. I have learned my lesson. :lol: The side skirts are stock, just repainted. The lip is a c-west.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man that gauge looks slick. I'm a little fed up with my MadDad 3-in-1 for various reasons, but I love having the info available to me. Where are you planning on mounting yours?

How hard is the actual assembly of the device(s)? Like could you post a parts list, a how-to, and some software and have it be a done deal, or is there lots of complexity to the integration that makes it more difficult?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Man that gauge looks slick. I'm a little fed up with my MadDad 3-in-1 for various reasons, but I love having the info available to me. Where are you planning on mounting yours?

How hard is the actual assembly of the device(s)? Like could you post a parts list, a how-to, and some software and have it be a done deal, or is there lots of complexity to the integration that makes it more difficult?

well you have to be good with a soldering iron and read a scehmatic but for me it is not very dificult to do. Just very time consuming. It is not something a novis should attempt.

Ofcourse i can post some details but i have to gather all that data. Right now i don't have a schematic. It is all in my head. Plus i have to settle on a final version because i keep adding stuff to it. Like a 4 channle EGT display.

Future versions are going to have connection and displays for OBD2, a wireless display option, a G meter plus 0-60 and 1/4 mile, a stand alone integrated wideband controller and more.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh and I have this little nook underneath the radio where the cigarette lighter is. It fits perfectly there

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh and I added a screen for EGT. This will help me perform some per cylinder tuning...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150111_133858.jpg
    20150111_133858.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
It's beautiful. If you need any help with the assembly/schematics let me know. Being an EE may have it's benefits. Have you thought about making I/O modules that could be adapted into your main board, kind like the shields for the arduinos? That would make it very adaptable and customizable.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It's beautiful. If you need any help with the assembly/schematics let me know. Being an EE may have it's benefits. Have you thought about making I/O modules that could be adapted into your main board, kind like the shields for the arduinos? That would make it very adaptable and customizable.

Thank you sir!

I thank you for the offer and I will keep it in mind. I think I have it covered so far. This is, by no means, a final product and it has sort of been Frankensteined together as features and functions were added. Right now I have a proto-sheild that contains all the I/O points but as I add more functionality, I may need to expand that to other plug in shields or modules. The danger is making the unit to big to be a viable solution, so when I am happy with the final rendition, I will put it all on one single board and integrate the ATMEGA processor with it.

Right now there are three main components and a variety of sensors and cables. You have the main unit, the display module and the 4 channel EGT thermocouple amplifier which is a separate module that sits out in the engine compartment in a weather resistant aluminum case. For the end user, The package could look quite daunting at first glance because there is allot of stuff that has to be installed.

I had a nice idea to add wireless functionality to the display by simply having a stand alone plug in module/battery pack that uses a 2.4GHz RS232 Radio. I thought it would be a nice idea to be able to take the display outside the car and adjust your fuel pressure or do some other troubleshooting related to the other parameters provided.

And then there is the addition of an integrated Wide Band Controller. I'm not sure if I should make this as an optional expansion module or just integrate it into a different version. Either way would be viable.

There is still a ton to think about and a decision needs to be made as to when to stop with the upgrades and functionality. Here is a known list of planned functions and the projected price based on cost (That is of course if I plan to sell these)...

Multi-Gauge Version 1 (Available now)
Features: (Estimated to be $450 - $500)

1. 4.3 inch color LCD Display (4D Systems w/Diablo processor)
2. Resistive touch screen
3. Wideband ready (requires separate controller or gauge w/0-5V out)
4. High resolution custom color display
5. Digital temperature sensors using “one wire” bus accurate to ?1% of actual temp
6. Industrial grade fuel pressure sensor, w/output 0-5v, accurate to ?2% of actual pressure
7. Industrial grade oil pressure sensor, w/output 0-5v, accurate to ?2% of actual pressure
8. 4 k-type EGT sensors and remote amplifier module
9. 0-5v input for use with Wideband ready feature using standalone AFR controller
10. Four screen user selectable screen navigation.
11. Opening splash screen
12. Main screen with five gauge display. Oil pressure, Oil temp, Coolant temp, Fuel pressure and Wideband AFR.
13. Secondary screen with Volt meter and Amp control and Audio input selection control.
14. EGT screen, displays temperature from 4 channels simultaneously.
15. Two relay control outputs for amps or other use.
16. Output for digital audio switching (example ADG884)
17. 57600bps internal serial communication for fast update and refresh
18. Hide-away main unit with remote display
19. MPu, Arduino UNO based

Multi-Gauge Version 2 (Future)
Features: (Estimated to be $600 - $700)

1. All the features of Version 1
2. Integrated Wideband (Fully functional with LSU 4.2 sensor)
3. User set failsafe alarm and indicator outputs
4. 0-5v output for Wideband logger functions
5. Serial output, emulates AEM UEGO wideband
6. MPu, Arduino Mega based

Multi-Gauge Version 3 (Far future)
Features: (Estimated to be $850 - $1000)

1. All the features of versions 1 and 2
2. Wireless remote display capable. (Use as a handheld diagnostic display when adjusting fuel pressure or carbureted idle AFR)
3. Add OBDII monitoring.
4. Two additional user selectable screens for various OBDII monitors
5. Add internal accelerometer
6. One additional screen displaying 0-60 and ? mile times and linear and lateral acceleration in G’s
7. Additional serial output
8. Log to Serial, up to 10 user selectable parameters

Other possible features:

1. Gear indicator/Shift Light using separate 8X8 RGB Dot Matrix LED display
2. Reset DTC
3. Read DTC
4. Boost Gauge w/4bar MAP sensor

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow. Just wow. :bow: :ty:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
For instance this is what I have to install. It's quite a bit just to support a 4.3 display but there is nothing on the market exactly like this.

20150112_191619.jpg
20150112_191741.jpg

Last edited:
Yea that's a good bit to tuck away. Looks very modular though. I'm sure, with more revisions of the board and circuit it can get smaller. Looks awesome though!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yea that's a good bit to tuck away. Looks very modular though. I'm sure, with more revisions of the board and circuit it can get smaller. Looks awesome though!

I think it can... everything can all go on one board.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
But also if you think about it, it takes considerably less real estate and wiring than the 10 gauges it replaces! :lol: :tup:

Win Win!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can i be first in line for version 3?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes :D