HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I like the digit to. The only reason I would think about using the matrix over the digit is I could have up-shift and down-shift arrow indicators for when the system thinks you should be up-shifting or down-shifting.

For the ring I was thinking of having the led's rotate around the ring according to RPM and have it change and fade color from purple to blue to green to yellow to orange to red. When it reaches the shift threshold the entire ring will flash white.

The GR/GV has an upshift indicator when in "I" mode. I wonder if you could tap into that logic and make it work for your gauge?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The GR/GV has an upshift indicator when in "I" mode. I wonder if you could tap into that logic and make it work for your gauge?

I could easily access that info through OBD2. All I would need is Gear Position, RPM and Load and my unit would handle the logic. This can be done for any Subaru from 2004 up. I just need to know the right PID address for Gear Position.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I will. I will keep its progress here in this thread as usual. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Has to be in "I" mode to work?

No sir. It is possible that this will have it's own logic for determining gear. I am not sure I will be able to access the Subaru specific OBD2 PID for gear position so I devised a work around that would allow me to use it on any car with out gear information available through OBD2. I will use the vehicle speed versus RPM ratio to determine the gear. The only obstacle that presents itself are the differences in gear ratios from model year to year. So a device made for an 04, 05, 06 will not work on an 07, 08 and so on. I may need to create a user setting some how.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
He's practically sitting on a gold mine with all of these gadgets.
Next thing you know, we'll find out he's got a box full of Penis Mightiers and he's not selling them!

You're sitting on a gold mine, Trebek!

Gussy818

No sir. It is possible that this will have it's own logic for determining gear. I am not sure I will be able to access the Subaru specific OBD2 PID for gear position so I devised a work around that would allow me to use it on any car with out gear information available through OBD2. I will use the vehicle speed versus RPM ratio to determine the gear. The only obstacle that presents itself are the differences in gear ratios from model year to year. So a device made for an 04, 05, 06 will not work on an 07, 08 and so on. I may need to create a user setting some how.

Make me one! Lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I will... I just have to build the first one and and perfect it.

Are you sure you don't want a penis mightier instead?

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
And what do you think about a heads up display version. Would that be useful?