Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Clips I was given free but they arent very much and I ordered the inner fender well from a OEM parts warehouse for a third of the price. It was like 70 bucks I think.

"For a third of the price" does that mean retail is $210?!?!?! For a wheel well?!?!

Also your fuel pump is so much easier to access than the GD chassis. Ours is behind the seat in the trunk... :lol:

Next was the EBCS, Plugs and AOS but first the plugs.

First what you want to do for the driver side plugs is remove the secondary air pump. There are 3 bolts you have to remove along with a sensor and a clips in the back for the air pumps outside air casing I guess you can call it. To remove the casing I think it was either a 10 or 12mm bolts. The 3 bolts around the pump are also either a 10 or 12. Once that's removed it will look like this. Just move the air piping to one side.

BZMT91z.jpg

Just move the air piping to one side.

HieDyIG.jpg

Also remove the battery for extra room.

Once that's all off this is what you are working with.

SEbgmO5.jpg

A ratchet with a pivoting bit is the best thing to use. I didnt take pics of removing the plugs but I will explain it.

First thing you want to do is get a small screw driver with a little pick at a 90* degree angle. Undo the the clip on each plug but be careful because the clips aren't very tough. The clip will unclip towards the front of the car. Once clips are undone move them to one side. the front plug is pretty easy. Undo the bolt on each coil pack. The front just comes right out. The back one turn about 180* degrees and it comes right out. Now, the front plug is fairly easy. Slide the ratchet in and wiggle around until you have a solid fit. They shouldn't be put in too hard. Once the thread has broke you can take the ratchet off and just twist with the bit. There is a lot of thread on the plugs so have patience. The second plug closes to firewall. You'll have to wiggle and get your hand in weird positions to get it in. Once in and got a good fit follow the same process. Be careful not to drop the plugs. If you drop them they are no good. Follow the same process to install the new plugs. For the passenger side you remove the intake and do the same for that side.

"For a third of the price" does that mean retail is $210?!?!?! For a wheel well?!?!

Also your fuel pump is so much easier to access than the GD chassis. Ours is behind the seat in the trunk... :lol:

Well not really a third lol but im pretty sure to but from the dealer is 140 or something. Cant remember the price anymore hah sorry. Yea the pump is not bad at all for the GV and GR

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Still a lot for a wheel well... Sheesh! When are you getting a tune for the fuel pump?

Next was the ebcs and AOS. Didn't really do the install for these so I didnt get that many pics. But the instructions that Grimmspeed include and fairly easy to follow. Along with DIY on youtube really help as well.

But here is the AOS.

G7LrT9U.jpg

Installs right where your oil cap would be. Also the plug for the aos is the same size as your OEM lugs.

TSVtg8o.jpg

Hooking the lines up to the AOS

AMBlRmW.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have the tuning done for the ebcs and pump. and added 3 more degrees to the tune.

Yeah... I just realized youre showing the progress done so far. Forgive me! :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How do you like that 50/50 perrin hybrid valve?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] the goodies arrived!

Nice iceburg pics! :tup:

Hmmm then what made you choose the perrin over the forge bpv?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will also give out the forum cards to the local subie meets and spread the word on facebook.

Thank you.

Means a lot to us to have your support.