The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
And just in case, for whatever reason, the 8 pots aren't enough for your daily needs. Have these!! :tard:

104442d1178990106-finally-my-12-piston-bbk-and-6-piston-rear-came-in-img_0818.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Literally stopping on a dime
I'm not sure how the hell those would work in tandem, but wouldn't you lock the tires before you actually stopped on the dime? From what I am seeing, that pictures shows 36 piston brakes, right?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm not sure how the hell those would work in tandem, but wouldn't you lock the tires before you actually stopped on the dime? From what I am seeing, that pictures shows 36 piston brakes, right?

Probably and not to mention the heat buildup. There's no room for disk ventilation.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Probably and not to mention the heat buildup. There's no room for disk ventilation.
Just read more into it from the original poster.... The picture is photoshopped. The calipers on top and bottom are the fakes. So, it's just a 12 piston ROTORA caliper. Regardless, that's the largest caliper I have ever seen to date. I thought 8 pistons were the largest and apparently I was incorrect! :lol:

That leads me to a question...

Do they make intentional brake coolers for the brakes? I'm not talking about brake ducts from ambient air, but a completely separate system to intentionally cool the brakes down! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Well, I think my methanol tank is leaking again from the fitting we were looking at this weekend. I guess I'll have to drain it and reseal the fitting properly. :(

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thats messed up since it started out of nowhere... Keep an eye out on that level!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I know, I've had it installed for years now and the first time that fitting has leaked was this weekend. That's my luck though.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I just got the tires rotated and rebalanced for free at Discount Tire, since I bought the tires there. On the way home today, I should be able to tell if rebalancing eliminated the vibration I was feeling in the steering wheel at high speeds. The tech said he couldn't notice any wheel or tire damage, so that's good.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Lets hope this is the fix cause that shit was insane :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That was indeed the problem.

Thanks again [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] for the advice.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! Glad all is well now! Enjoy your amazing relentless steering! :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I encountered a problem on my drive into work today. Somewhere around 15 psi of boost, 4-5krpms and WOT, the car suddenly
stumbled and jerked as if I completely closed the throttle. This happened twice. Could that have been knock?
Beside the possibility that I temporarily lost methanol flow, what else could cause this? Bad gas? Dirty MAF? Fuel pump shitting
itself?

I'm afraid to go WOT now.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did you throw a CEL?

Do you know if you overboosted and got a fuel cut?

Also, when is the last time you reset your ecu?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
No CEL. I highly doubt I overboosted. This happened in 5th on the highway ~70mph and in 2nd at ~50 mph.

I haven't reset the ECU in a few months but I somewhat doubt that would help me in this situation. I should probably do it anyway.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Where is our investigation team?! [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=1069]35r[/MENTION] [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION]

Pressure test the fuel pump or if you have a wide band do a WOT run and look at your afr's if your running lean chances are your pump is starting to crap its self.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Sounds good. These plugs have been installed for about 30,000 miles. I suppose it can't hurt to change them. If it was a plug though, wouldn't the car most likely throw a CEL code? Did your's throw a CEL when that happened, [MENTION=3929]zodiac103[/MENTION]?

Now I just have to remember the easiest way to reach the plugs. If I remember correctly, I had a hell of a time getting my hand down in there last time. :banghead: