Inexpensive, aftermarket seats

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What are some inexpensive, aftermarket seats that have better bolstering than the stock STi seats? I don't want a knock off or replica either. There is a brand out there that has relatively cheap seats, but I can't think of the name at this moment. If there aren't any seats out there on the cheap side, then I will stick to the stock seat. I mean I can buy another driver's side seat for $150-$200, but I want something with more bolstering.

The reason I ask is because the left side is getting pretty mushy at this point and it's annoying me to no end! The passenger seat feels brand new because there have been only about 8 instances where I actually had a passenger! :lol:

-Edit. Corbeau is the brand I was referring to!

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Don't forget about upholstery shops. They can probably re stuff your seats like new.
Too many people just throw things away that can otherwise be redone.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't forget about upholstery shops. They can probably re stuff your seats like new.
Too many people just throw things away that can otherwise be redone.
I'm not looking to throw away! I want a better bolstered seat for me and then the stock seat would become a DIY computer chair. :tup:

That's my plan anyways. :lol:

Just did some quick searches. Wow man! The pricing of STi seats has gone down tremendously!! It used to be around $600-$700 plus shipping for the front two seats, now I'm seeing around $300 for both!!!! What in the world!?!?! :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are replicas cool?

Not in the unfortunate event of a crash. Seen too many bad reviews where the seat brakes apart in a crash cause its so cheaply made. Forget that crap.

ZachTTLM

Corbeau does make great seats for the price! If you are going aftermarket on a budget that would be the choice I would make. If you are going aftermarket without a budget I would still probably pick them because great quality. But factory replacement may be your cheapest way by the sounds of it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Corbeau does make great seats for the price! If you are going aftermarket on a budget that would be the choice I would make. If you are going aftermarket without a budget I would still probably pick them because great quality. But factory replacement may be your cheapest way by the sounds of it.

You prefer stock over corbeau as far as seating is concerned?

ZachTTLM

If I had to replace the seats and the choice would be stock or corbeau and hte pricing was similar it would be corbeau but if the stock seats are substantially less then I would go stock.

What are some inexpensive, aftermarket seats that have better bolstering than the stock STi seats? I don't want a knock off or replica either. There is a brand out there that has relatively cheap seats, but I can't think of the name at this moment. If there aren't any seats out there on the cheap side, then I will stick to the stock seat. I mean I can buy another driver's side seat for $150-$200, but I want something with more bolstering.

The reason I ask is because the left side is getting pretty mushy at this point and it's annoying me to no end! The passenger seat feels brand new because there have been only about 8 instances where I actually had a passenger! :lol:

-Edit. Corbeau is the brand I was referring to!

I can get you a figure on some Corbeau seats if needed. Just picked up the line.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can get you a figure on some Corbeau seats if needed. Just picked up the line.

If you dont mind and have some extra time on your hands then sure. Please note that i have never sat in one before. Im 6'7" with a 32" waist so you can see what would fit me depending on the seat model. Also if rails are needed, add that to the quote too.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The cheapest way to go is a fixed (no tilt) seat without an airbag. As an added bonus those seats offer a substantial weight savings.

But as someone said above, if you take your stock seat to a shop they can look at adding bolstering and restuffing it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The cheapest way to go is a fixed (no tilt) seat without an airbag. As an added bonus those seats offer a substantial weight savings.

But as someone said above, if you take your stock seat to a shop they can look at adding bolstering and restuffing it.

Have you personally sat down in a fixed seat? As long as it will fit me ill be fine with one. Im not sure how supportive it is on the back. Even the stock seat hurts my back sometimes after 4+ hour cruises. Whats a rough cost of a cheapo fixed position seat?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've driven in them. We had one in our Alfa, and we took that on LONG trips. The car was uncomfortable for other reasons, but remember, a lot of these seats are used in enduro racing, where someones in the car for hours at a time. They're primarily designed for support, not comfort, but you can pick one that suits you. If you have a local retailer, go sit in them and check them out. Its hard to tell if it'll be comfy for a long ride, but you could always bring a book and sit there for a few hours!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oh, IIRC, some of the seats will come with some velcro-attachments that you can position for lumbar support and whatnot. I'm only like 80% sure on that but it'd help.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Summit racing has garbage seats.... Ive tried them. :lol:

yamahaSHO

I had Corbeau CR1's in microsuede in my SHO... They were excellent. If I didn't want to keep the STi stock-like, I would have swapped them into the STi before selling the SHO. On an 8 hour road trip, they did not wear me out at all.

I recently ordered a Recaro Profi SPG for my S2000... It will be a pain in the ass to get in and out of and does not recline, but RACECAR.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had Corbeau CR1's in microsuede in my SHO... They were excellent. If I didn't want to keep the STi stock-like, I would have swapped them into the STi before selling the SHO. On an 8 hour road trip, they did not wear me out at all.

Wow those look like the hug the shit out of you! :lol: was it the same material as our seats are in terms of quality? Would you say they were more comfortable than the stock seats?

yamahaSHO

FAR more comfortable than the stock seats and the quality is just as good as stock or better.

I got a pretty good deal on my with a local shop when I lived in Denver. I think I paid $800 or less for both seats (2007). I also eventually ordered Corbeau's vehicle specific seat rails for a PnP application.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
FAR more comfortable than the stock seats and the quality is just as good as stock or better.

I got a pretty good deal on my with a local shop when I lived in Denver. I think I paid $800 or less for both seats (2007). I also eventually ordered Corbeau's vehicle specific seat rails for a PnP application.

Whats your height and waist size?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks like i can get used cr1 microsuede seats for $325 without brackets or $375 with brackets. I only want a drivers side so this looks very plausible!!! Im seeing them new at $475 for the microsuede without the brackets.