Hello From Pittsburgh! New to the IGOTA Forums, not to Subaru

HawkeyeSTiGuy

Well, I'm finally getting around to joining the IGOTASTi forums, I've been following the FB page for quite a while, but just never actually joined until now. Lol. I will say, generally speaking, I'm not huge on forums, just because I've had so many bad experiences in the past. That being said, I have a feeling this one is different & is a good community, but you should know that I have a pretty low tolerance for drama & butt kissing. Haha.

So, with that out of the way, let me introduce myself. I'm Mike, I'm a 25 year old full-time college student majoring in Criminal Justice. I'm not sure exactly what I will do with my degree but I have always been interested in investigations. I lived in Charleston, SC for 5 years, & now am happily relocated back to my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.

I have a WR Blue '06 STi which I have affectionately named Aurora, & I have owned the vehicle for nearly 5 years now. She has been through multiple accidents & two heart transplants. The car is pretty heavily modded, & was making 380WHP/365WTQ on a Mainline dyno in Charleston, SC. The engine is being rebuilt right now & I will also be upgrading the fuel system before having it protuned at Innovative Tuning in Buffalo, NY.

Mods include

-Cobb AccessPORT
-Moore Performance Tier 1 Shortblock
-BNR 18G 50 trim turbo
-TGV deletes
-Deatschwerks 740cc side feed injectors
-Tomei UEL headers w/uppipe
-CNT catted downpipe
-Invidia N1 Street catback
-Exedy Stage 1 heavy duty clutch
-ACT lightweight flywheel
-Fortune Auto 500 series coils [lowered 1"]
-Prodrive GT1 18x8.5" wheels [Anthracite]
-Bridgestone Potenza RE670's [255/35/18]

Winter Wheels
-OEM BBS 17x8" [Gold]
-Arctic Claw Txi's [215/45/17]

I have over 60 parts installed on the car currently. My full mods list can be viewed on my WheelWell page here -> https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/55a3db468f47f05845246f1f/garage/

I also run the YouTube channel HawkeyeSTiGuy, which I started so I can share my passion for cars, & document the continued journey with my STi. https://www.youtube.com/hawkeyestiguy1

Lastly, I'm not going to waste a lot of space with pictures, but I'll post a few. More will be available on my Flickr page here -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkeyestiguy/albums

I'm happy to be here & am looking forward to being a part of this community. 01MAY2015 by Michael, on Flickr

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=5474]HawkeyeSTiGuy[/MENTION].

Great intro. Also we've been here 5 years with not one ounce of drama, spam, or trolls. ?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah it is, but you'll love it hear.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Glad to have you with us, sir! We definitely share your feelings about nonsense and a bunch of bs. Aurora looks perfect! Couldn't tell anything ever happened to her. :) Feel free to look around, and if you have any questions about anything, or need a hand with anything, definitely let us know!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello and welcome! I like your build... it's not over built :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

All those mods and no swaybars?!

Definitely interested in hearing more about the DIY diffuser though.

HawkeyeSTiGuy

Hello and welcome! I like your build... it's not over built :tup:

Thanks! Yeah, It is my daily, so I prefer street-ability over top end power. I can fully appreciate 600WHP cars, thats awesome, but I just could't put up with all the turbo lag they have.

Welcome!

All those mods and no swaybars?!

Definitely interested in hearing more about the DIY diffuser though.

Actually I haven't found the need for them yet. With the coilovers & wider tires, my car is actually pretty well balanced. It doesn't understeer at all, but it's not oversteer happy either, it's a nice balance somewhere in the middle. I have looked into upgrading, but as it sits right now, I'm worried I'll upset the balance, or make the car too stiff. Where I live, our roads are quite curvy & uneven, so having a super stiff suspension can actually be detrimental if not set up properly. I'm still interested in potentially upgrading, but I have other priorities that need to come first, & I'm still researching.

PS- I can definitely post more info about the diffuser. It takes a lot of time, but not a lot of money. I've had a couple other inquiries about it as well, so I plan on making a how to video.(not sure when exactly) I'll make a small model of the diffuser, so I can walk you through all the steps, but it won't take me days to complete. Lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We would love to see more about that diffuser.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Actually I haven't found the need for them yet. With the coilovers & wider tires, my car is actually pretty well balanced. It doesn't understeer at all, but it's not oversteer happy either, it's a nice balance somewhere in the middle. I have looked into upgrading, but as it sits right now, I'm worried I'll upset the balance, or make the car too stiff. Where I live, our roads are quite curvy & uneven, so having a super stiff suspension can actually be detrimental if not set up properly. I'm still interested in potentially upgrading, but I have other priorities that need to come first, & I'm still researching.

Get the adjustable swaybars! Because they only really prevent roll, you can get away with a less stiff setup on the crappy roads and have a more comfortable around-town experience. DC roads are on the same level as Pittsburgh. I think my sway bars might have actually been more of a noticeable impact than my coilovers.

HawkeyeSTiGuy

Get the adjustable swaybars! Because they only really prevent roll, you can get away with a less stiff setup on the crappy roads and have a more comfortable around-town experience. DC roads are on the same level as Pittsburgh. I think my sway bars might have actually been more of a noticeable impact than my coilovers.

Good to know! I'm not against getting sways, I just have to do all my research first & try to figure out what size is best for the way my car is set up. I'll definitely go with ones that are adjustable, but it seems like the mentality most people have is, "bigger is always better" regardless of the car or how it s being used, & I don't subscribe to that mindset at all.

Also, it will probly be a while before doing sways, because between replacing my engine, upgrading my AccessPORT to the V3, upgrading the fuel system, & getting a new TMIC, I'm going to be totally wiped out. Oh yeah, & the protune. Haha.

HawkeyeSTiGuy

Hey everyone. I know I have hardly been on here, but I've been really busy with school this semester. Anyway, I figured I'd post an update so anyone who is interested, knows where the car is right now. Last time I posted, it was at Moore Performance having the engine rebuilt. While it was being rebuilt, I decided to upgrade my entire fuel system by adding a DW300 fuel pump, IAG braided fuel lines, an Aeromotive FPR, Radium Engineering top-feed conversion kit, & ID 1300 injectors, as well as an ETS TMIC. I got the car back on October 1st & quickly finished the break in period. Just last week I drove up to Buffalo, NY, to get the car tuned by Mike at Innovative Tuning. Everything went well & she put down 311AWHP/315AWTQ on 93Oct on a Mustang Dyno. I plan on getting an E85 tune once Cobb releases their flexfuel products. If you are interested in my build, or any other updates, I regularly post videos on my YouTube channel, HawkeyeSTiGuy. You can also follow my Instagram [MENTION=5474]HawkeyeSTiGuy[/MENTION]. I have a few how-to videos in the works as well, so when they are completed, I will post them on this site.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tell Ryan Moore we said hi. ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Better late than never. ?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
@HawkeyeSTiGuy Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you need anything for your build. Nice Youtube channel also.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, now that is extremely sick, dude!!!!