The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] [MENTION=600]black bandit[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I was going to recommend an IAG block... That one is fine for your power goals.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yesterday I went in search of a new-ish daily driver to replace the rickety Focus. I test drove a 2014 Buick Regal 2.0-Turbo (FWD) and a 2015 Lincoln MKZ 2.0-Turbo (AWD). I was hoping to also test drive a 2015 WRX (with the CVT/Auto unfortunately, because my better half isn't comfortable driving a stick). The Buick and Lincoln were both quite nice, though I didn't feel that the Lincoln's quality warranted an additional $10k on the price. Every salesman at Glassman Subaru in Southfield was actively engaged with a customer, so I never did get a chance to test drive a WRX. Maybe another time.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, we're back from our honeymoon in Hawai'i. It was a wonderful time! We seemed to have done a very good job of managing the costs of the wedding and honeymoon, so as long as nothing crazy happens between now and next spring, the Batmobile should be getting a built motor and the necessary transmission work done. I often go back and forth on whether I'll be able to make it happen (financially), but for now things are looking good.

Of course that isn't going to stop me from buying the periodic Powerball ticket from time to time. :lol:

I know I've been MIA for a while, so I figured I'd post a quick update.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
Cant wait to see the build continue, let us know if there is anyway we can help.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Welcome back bro! How was the trip? I saw some pics on FB it looks awesome

It was amazing. I love Hawai'i. I was stationed there for 3 years about a decade ago so it was great to be back! The worst part about being there is leaving. :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
It was amazing. I love Hawai'i. I was stationed there for 3 years about a decade ago so it was great to be back! The worst part about being there is leaving. :lol:

I hear you bro. And replying to [MENTION=6025]SDMotorworks[/MENTION]. Deff go through him to get the parts. He has helped me to no end with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We want updates! We want them now! Did you end up getting a new daily?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I haven't got a new daily yet. I'm still driving the Focus for a while...or until the wheels fall off. I'll probably still end up with a Buick Regal Turbo eventually. I'm just focused on saving money. That way, I can pay off the wedding and save for the built engine and transmission work at the same time. I'm getting closer to my goal though, and September should be reeeeeally nice. We get 3 paychecks in September plus our annual bonus, which is essentially another paycheck, and I'll be getting GI Bill money for expenses. So that's almost like 5 paychecks next month.

I'm still hoping to stay on track for a late winter/early spring build date.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
September is almost here then!

How much are the Regal Turbos going for that you're looking at?

Do you drive the STi at all or are you like me? :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Other than for troubleshooting, I haven't driven the STi in over a year, which makes me very sad inside. :lol:

There's quite a few 2014 Regals on lots around here. I'm looking for a Premium Group II, but am flexible. I just don't want anymore than 30,000-40,000 miles on it.
With 30-40k miles, they are going for right around $15,000 which is pretty reasonable. Part of the reason I'm dragging my feet is I'm waiting for more 2015's and 16's to start hitting the lots. I've got so much shit going on in life, that I haven't had a lot of motivation to find one yet.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It'll be a year in a week or two for me so you've got me beat! :lol:

That's pretty cheap for a luxury car that's only a couple of years old...... and any car is a luxury car compared to the STi. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Now THAT is sad. :rofl:

Yeah, it's a very reasonable price. They are very nice inside, especially at that price point, and there is PLENTY of power for a daily. They have that 2.0T making very respectable power.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Going to look at a 2014 Buick Regal today. Black on Black (of course) 2.0T, FWD, Premium Group I Package with 13,431 Miles for $16,605. I'm going to try to haggle him down $500-700, hopefully keeping the out-the-door price under $17,000.

Wish me luck!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit that is cheap for a low ass mileaged car!! Get us a picture!