An Emblem Change? What do you think?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I just installed Hella Supertones today and I got to thinking, how would
a different color emblem look on the car. Red, to match the Hella's?
Cherry Blossom Red (STi pink) to match the STi badges? Someone once
suggested Gold but I don't know for sure about that.

Anyway, IF I could get an emblem exactly as I want it, fine. If not, I
plan on removing it, baking it in the oven for just a bit or use a heat gun
or hair drier, to soften the adhesive and pull off the clear plastic lens piece.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1134460&highlight=Front+badge

What do you guys think? Anyone have pictures or experience with this?

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I updated my first post with a link to a good DIY.

What about no emblem at all? How'd that look with my Hella's?

Last edited:

Stiyle11sedan

I did mine gloss black to match the grill with white stars....I love it!! Don't mind the bugs:lol:
136.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
0505021108 (2).jpg
This is what the car would look like without the center Subaru badge and support pillar in the grill.
I just photo-shopped it out. What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Awesome, do you remember the dimensions? I suppose I could always measure mine...lol

Vermont

I painted mine using the techniques in that nasioc write up. It was not easy and took me while to do it, I think it came out decent over all.

Stiyle11sedan

Looks really good.....the only reason I went with the vinyl wrap and didn't paint mine myself was because I didn't find a good write up on it. But now that I have the wrap I like the fact I can always change it if I want to!! I really like the red stars, looks sick!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
DSCF2129.jpg

I went with this pink badge from the UK company Subaru Bits.
I've got a place locally that will mix some paint to match the
badge so I'm going to order enough to paint the Hella Supertones
and all of my Brembo calipers. The idea is to have everything
match the STi badging on the car. Sometime in the future, I'll
acquire black wheels and add metallic pink lug nuts.

yellowrex

Im about 2 years late to the conversation but I cannot get this clear plastic overlay to come off. does that come off?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I was under the impression that it does come off, but I've tried many times to remove it. I can't seem to without damaging it.
I didn't use a heat gun though and maybe that is the deciding factor.....I tried to carefully pry it out/off.

The badge I ended up getting was an overlay. It was cut to the EXACT same size and covered the factory emblem quite nicely.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are you talking about the hard plastic protective piece? Majority of the embles are overlays that are cut to fit like [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] said.

What i have seen is that the piece you are referring to comes off but it will break and you have to glue it back on. People do this when they change the oem emblem color to say red or yellow.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
THREAD RESURRECTED!

I'm kind of sick of my grille badge. What colors should I go with this time? Also, Subaru Bits used to have the best overlays and now they are no longer in business. Any suggestions?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Is yours still pink (cherry blossom)? Do you have any other colors under the hood you could match it to?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Is yours still pink (cherry blossom)? Do you have any other colors under the hood you could match it to?

Yes. Scroll up to post #12. That's the badge that's currently on there. It sorta matched the STi badging on the rest of the car. At one time, I had some redish lug nuts to match. It doesn't look as good to me nowadays and those lug nuts are long gone now.

My boost tubes are fire-engine, wrinkle red, like the Intake Manifold.

I thought about Gold, and then some Gold lug nuts to match. Hmm...

My wheels are dark gunmetal gray.

Last edited:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Personally I would consider black with red stars to go with the hellas but not be as overkill as a large red emblem in between 2 red horns. White stars could look good too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk