Turbo selection

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I called Forced Performance and she said that the black won't go to full boost until 5k. I found out that my application would be type 2 oil line.

The FP Green says it flow 61 lbs and the Dom 3 only pushes 55 lbs. That green is looking pretty tempting. Especially at $749.99 on FP's website.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The FP Green says it flow 61 lbs and the Dom 3 only pushes 55 lbs. That green is looking pretty tempting. Especially at $749.99 on FP's website.

I believe you are correct. Where does it spool? I have little to no experience with an FP green other than I know people that have it and like it.

Well the rep said 4000 rpm but from what dyno grass I've seen I'm thinking more around 4500. I think in gonna give that one a try. I mean for $750 it isn't a huge mistake if I don't love it.

I'm interested since my motor and fuel system will be built for a larger turbo but still running the stock VF39

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well the rep said 4000 rpm but from what dyno grass I've seen I'm thinking more around 4500. I think in gonna give that one a try. I mean for $750 it isn't a huge mistake if I don't love it.

I have heard good things. It is one of those old tried and true components. The last time I felt an FP green was in an 04 WRX quite some years ago and I remember it was really fast but I don't remember when it spooled. It seems most larger turbos have usable boost from around and between the 4000-5000 mark anyway so six in one.

STIGR-Wagon-Dad

This was the right turbo to go with my set up. Not only I have more power, but my gas mileage has improved. The Killer B header, lower back pressure from the turbine wheel, and 9.0:1 compression improved the volumetric efficiency while off boost. Engine response is great!

STIGR-Wagon-Dad

What kind of power did you put down and when does it spool for you?
I really don't know. The dynos computer crashed and the calibration factors were lost. I put down 300/350 on this dyno stock turbo+E85 prior to the crash and the numbers were the same with this turbo. The butt dyno with the new turbo says there is a lot more power as I was thrown back harder to my seat and I scrambled to hold the car steady.