Anyone have Work Emotion D9r Wheels? fitment question :)

NP_Wagon_Chick

Hello!

I am hoping to order Work Emotion D9R wheels soon, but I would like to see what sizes/fitment people are running with. I don't want to go stancy so I am thinking 18x8.5 +32 ?

I called Work and got the run around from a guy who wouldn't answer any of my questions for my "subaru".. I don't know if he had a bad day or didn't want to discuss wheels with a girl :oops:. So I thought I would ask here!! Google doesn't give me much, and neither does IG :-/.

Any suggestions? Pictures? Anyone running these wheels?

Thanks! :D

- I have a 2011 STI Hatch, lowered on H&R Springs.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] :D

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
not sure how close they are to the xd9 but i have a few friends with xd9's that could give you the info you need

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Those would be really close to the fenders. Maybe something in 35-40 range to avoid any concerns.
Just shooting from the hip here.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I had an 18x8.5 et30 on my 2014 wrx with tien coilovers and i was slammed just had some rubbing issues... at that point it all comes down to the tire size i was running 245/45 pilot supersports for a pretty beefy look... if you go with a lower width tire like a 235 or something you should be right on the money especially since you r only on springs..

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Your intended wheel will sit 23mm or about 1 inch further out. Take a tape measure to the edge of your wheel now and measure about an inch out. See where the extra inch is and that'll give you a good idea of where the new setup will be and what it'll contact on the fender.
Tire sizes will be a bit tricky as each manufacturer of a tire produces something different. A 245 in a continental may be narrower than a 245 in a Michelin. Aspect ratio will play not only in height but how the sidewalk sits in relation to the rim. In this case, things get fuzzier and guessing becomes a bit bigger part.
Lower offset wheels at a certain point start to dictate fender rolling first. After that, generally camber adjustments come into play.
If you're wanting to do minimal work to make them fit and with a reasonable tire, keep your offsets higher. 35 and up for an 8.5 wheel, 38 and up for a 9 and around 40 and up for a 9.5. I don't recommend 10's unless you need huge rubber or really have a thing for huge wheels. They're just excessive imho.