New to the subie scene

Roarjdm

What's up everyone, my name is Chris from the Hudson County area in jersey. Since I can remember I've always been surrounded by hondas and am pretty well rounded with them.

The reason I'm here is cause last year I was driving a Honda fit and the snow was just unbearable either late to work or couldn't move. (not saying that a subaru will fix my problem). I decided on buying my first subaru. I am finishing up the paperwork on a 08 sti hatch with 50k miles. There was alot of information about what to look out for and the differences between most models.

When I first test drove it the tq took me by surprise. I'm used to at most 220lb tq. Being in this car was something I would have to learn how to carefully use. Other then that I just enjoy the over feel of the car, and the seats are Def nice for me.

I hope to make friends like I have in every car model forum I have joined. I will post a picture once the dealers done prepping it :D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Its a great car! Are you a keep-it-stock kind of guy, built-to-the-max, or somewhere in between.

I'm sure as a honda guy you've seen this:

FWD_1.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Get yourself some Blizzak snow tires. Don't be fooled into thinking that rock hard all season tires are sufficient in winter just because the car has all wheel drive. You'll thank me later ;-)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=6493]Roarjdm[/MENTION] welcome Subie friend.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6493]Roarjdm[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
"All Season" is just another term for "Not very good at anything" or "Just mediocre at everything"

Get yourself some Blizzak snow tires. Don't be fooled into thinking that rock hard all season tires are sufficient in winter just because the car has all wheel drive. You'll thank me later ;-)

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
"All Season" is just another term for "Not very good at anything" or "Just mediocre at everything"

Absolutely. Half-assed traction in winter and half-assed performance in summer.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!

im convinced that @Alin has this saved so he can just copy and paste to all the new member posts :tard:

welcome to the forum man. let us know if you have any other questions about the car or mods

and i second [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] . bridgestone Blizzaks are a gift from heaven

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I?ve used the same type of greeting on all of the forums that I?ve ever been on. :tup:

Want me to switch it up next time?

?Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You?re going to absolutely love it here!! Post pictures of your girlfriend?s/wife?s tits or gtfo!?

:lmao: