Short Throw Shifter?

Scooby

I feel as if my 2002 has a tighter shift pattern than my 2016.

What would people suggest as the best shifter mods? Best brands, bushings, shorter shifter, weighted shift knob?

Thanks

I feel as if my 2002 has a tighter shift pattern than my 2016.

What would people suggest as the best shifter mods? Best brands, bushings, shorter shifter, weighted shift knob?

Thanks
I just ordered a torque solutions bushing and short shifter kit for my 05 sti. From my understandings, TS is essentially a copy of the kartboy and the bushings are great.

The shifter bushings were one if the last bushings from the engine back to rear diff that wasn't replaced so that was the main reason I even ordered a short throw shifter. Steering rack bushings is the last bushing upgrade on the list.

f6ec9d1639500481d53d654b8599dc78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont know if it translates, but on my other car a weighted shift knob made a big improvement in feel. Normally i'd say go with bushings, but if the car's new, that's almost certainly not the problem.

When you say tighter shift pattern are you referring to the feel or the physical throw length?

Scooby

I dont know if it translates, but on my other car a weighted shift knob made a big improvement in feel. Normally i'd say go with bushings, but if the car's new, that's almost certainly not the problem.

When you say tighter shift pattern are you referring to the feel or the physical throw length?

I feel both in the physical throw and just the general slop of the shifter.