What was your first mod??

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Just like the title says: What was your first mod??? I'd just like to see what are some of the most common first mods, and if there were any positive or negative results with those. For kicks and giggles.....Okay maybe it's for my own research. :tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sways & Endlinks.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
My first mod was the swaybars. It was good bang for the buck.

ZackUSAF82

Cobb SF intake and airbox and AP. Awesome sound and good improvement for the butt dyno.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Awesome! I think I'll be saving up for Stage 1, well at least an Accessport, and in the meantime, some minor things. A shift knob, Vortex Generator, vinyl overlays, or something small of that nature.

ZackUSAF82

Awesome! I think I'll be saving up for Stage 1, well at least an Accessport, and in the meantime, some minor things. A shift knob, Vortex Generator, vinyl overlays, or something small of that nature.

Don't forget about the OS option (Tactrix cable) as well, it's a much cheaper option. Just keep in mind that most e-tuners will require you to have a wideband AFR gauge that can log (AEM makes the best IMO). I wish I would have went this route myself to be honest, the AP is nice and works well, it's just a big chunk of change. Just throwing that out there so you don't think that the AP is the only option available to you for tuning.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Don't forget about the OS option (Tactrix cable) as well, it's a much cheaper option. Just keep in mind that most e-tuners will require you to have a wideband AFR gauge that can log (AEM makes the best IMO). I wish I would have went this route myself to be honest, the AP is nice and works well, it's just a big chunk of change. Just throwing that out there so you don't think that the AP is the only option available to you for tuning.
Yep. I'm doing my research well in advance of actually doing these mods. The only mods I probably do until I get to 30K(I'm at 18500 already....:-o) will be "Genuine Subaru Parts and Accessories" and some Vinyl Overlays for the tails, chrome trim, and eventually the roof. Even though I'm becoming less of one every day, I'm still a noob when it comes to technical Subaru stuff...particularly on the "doing" side(as opposed to talking.). What I know right now about OS is that it's a very advanced tuning option and something I definitely don't want to do because I'm still completely stock and it's going to be a daily driver until further notice. Cobb AP right now sounds like a nice tuning/"system monitoring" option if you will, among other useful things. I'm still doing research, like I said, so that's not in any manner final, but that's what I'm thinking.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can still optimize that stock tune! :tup: I personally would feel way better is [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] did a tune for the car being full stock over the Cobb OTS maps. Obviously, I didn't know this 4 years ago... However, looking back, must educate yourself as fast as possible so you don't do little/big dumb mistakes like I and many others have done in the past! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That makes two people that i have ever seen with a magnaflow on an sti. :lol:

Lol I didn't know anyone else had that! No one around here has that and that's the reason I bought my 08 sti. It's different. Not to mention I've always wanted an sti since before I could drive. :)