New Member Black 2017 STi

KenpoSTi

Hi Everyone,

I am from Kansas. This is my second Subaru. I used to have a 2014 WRX. I was really debating on a new WRX because of the new engine. I am really glad I went this route. I used to have a 2010 Evo X. This STi really reminds me of that, but way better. Interior is nicer, more room, more trunk space, and the rumble is still there :) I got an excellent deal from Tom at Heuberger in Colorado Springs.

4b1e23286c3e462761767eefe3586205.jpg
7c972950e4c9cf70afe70fd1f04d1982.jpg
d59d7f8d4985c96ed68f4cd60f3aa10b.jpg
9ccaef515a34cb4e7cdeac16779c9ab5.jpg

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6348]KenpoSTi[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Car looks great!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome. What "coating" are you going to use? Opti-coat?

I wish my old black STI's paint had been treated properly when it was new! But then again, i put tons of rock chips in it at the track!

Are you going to remain mostly stock, or do you have any modification aspirations?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=6348]KenpoSTi[/MENTION] welcome friend. STi looks great! ?

[MENTION=4535]HeubergerSubaru[/MENTION] makes crazy deals. ?

?Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

KenpoSTi

Welcome. What "coating" are you going to use? Opti

Hey Grinder, Ihave a buddy big into detailing. He told me about this company Gary Dean Wash Method. There is a 4 step process. The coating is an Acrylic. The pro blend has to be aapplied with a dual action buffer. It should last 3 years, but there are products to help protect it supposedly making it last longer. My buddy is going to help with the buffing part since I have hardly any experience with a coating. There is an awesome product he also showed me which is a rinseless wash. Wash/Claybar, stripper, and coating. I am a novice so he is going to help me through the process. We are actually going to do my brother 16 Mustang GT as well. Just not on the same day since it will a good bit for each vehicle.

https://www.detailjuice.com/product/force-field-pro/
https://www.detailjuice.com/product-category/force-field-protection-system/

As far as mods, I purchased an arm rest extend. I had a local upholstry shop two a leather wrap on it to match the interior. I will post some pics of that in the interior section. I want to tint, catback, maybe weighted shift knob, possibly winter tires, maybe some engine dress up from Perrin. I am going to try to enjoy the car as is as long as I can lol.

KenpoSTi

Thanks IGOTASTI you are right about Heuberger. We actually went back and picked up my wife a 2017 Forester Limited. She used to have a Mitsubishi Outlander GT. Got into a big wreck so we thought we would go with a small save gas mileage Elantra. She missed the SUV and the Forester is a huge upgrade compared to the Elantra. Rides so nice!

Welcome! Super nice rides. Our garage is very much like yours (Forester for her and STi for me).

Welcome to the group and I take it you study Kenpo from your name? I also have studied martial arts since 1996 which is another one of my passions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KenpoSTi

Welcome to the group and I take it you study Kenpo from your name? I also have studied martial arts since 1996 which is another one of my passions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes I have around 20 combined years experience in 2 different systems The majority was in Kenpo. I have a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate. I also have an assistant instructors certification in Wing Chun Kung Fu. If you have ever seen the Ip Man Movies it is that lineage. I really enjoy what both systems offer. I am currently not teaching or taking any classes. I had a daughter and time and priorities took a change. What martial arts have you studied?