hi

Andrew94

Well, hello there,

My name is Ondrej and I'm new here. I've been in love with Imprezas since I was about 10 y. o. and I knew about the Subaru brand probably at the age of 4 when most of the people around didn't hear of it. This year my dream came true and I bought myself a Subaru WRX STI '02 Bugeye with stock engine and only minor modifications.

More about me, I am 23 years old, living in Czechia, currently working for company Brembo (that might be considered as another dream came true situation) as a technician in validation laboratory. Besides cars, I also do skateboarding for 5 years now and I like various art things, like drawing, music, photography etc. I also spend a lot of time with my gf<3.

Well, that's probably it about me. Although I really like English and I consider myself good at it, there may be some mistakes so sorry about that ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome friend!

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6447]Andrew94[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Andrew94

Here?s a picture of my ride! And yes, I work for Brembo Czech, were complete calipers are made, from aluminium casting, machining to assembly and expedition :D We make calipers for various car manufacturers including (and mainly) Porsche, BMW M and Mercedes AMG. I?m there for only 5 months but they have sent me for a lot of training to Italy where the technological and research center Kilometro Rosso is located. Otherwise it?s just a job and people inside (especially workers) sometimes dont even know the value of the Brembo brand for us car enthusiasts :D
f0fe9ef9064a21ee7e08ef5faf927610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That's a sweet ride, and sweet gig.

So, are there large differences between Brembos like on the STI, and the Brembos for AMG, etc..., and what are they.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Woah, that's amazing!! Post more pictures of the car and congrats on the dream car and job!!! :tup:

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6447]Andrew94[/MENTION] Car looks really good!

Andrew94

Thank you!
That's a sweet ride, and sweet gig.

So, are there large differences between Brembos like on the STI, and the Brembos for AMG, etc..., and what are they.

Well, there are not many differences. The technology remains the same, but calipers looks different because they are made especially accorading to the request of the customer, but sometimes caliper could be the same for different car brands with only different color and logo. For example, there is an assembly line making calipers for BMW on the morning shift and then for Rolls Royce on the afternoon shift :D Because they are the same. I don?t know how much you are familliar with the calipers subject.. There are two main types of calipers: Semi-calipers and monoblocks. They are both fixed (not the old floating type which is still used but Brembo makes it only for commercial vehicles). Semi-calipers are made up from two parts screwed together and monoblocks are from one casted aluminium part obviously. There are also differences with mounting on the vehicle - axial or radial and then it varies of the type of car. Caliper might be the same but mounting is different etc.

Just a quick update on new wheels!
acb1e28d13a0215df1ead5b5ed03442b.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thank you!

Well, there are not many differences. The technology remains the same, but calipers looks different because they are made especially accorading to the request of the customer, but sometimes caliper could be the same for different car brands with only different color and logo. For example, there is an assembly line making calipers for BMW on the morning shift and then for Rolls Royce on the afternoon shift :D Because they are the same. I don?t know how much you are familliar with the calipers subject.. There are two main types of calipers: Semi-calipers and monoblocks. They are both fixed (not the old floating type which is still used but Brembo makes it only for commercial vehicles). Semi-calipers are made up from two parts screwed together and monoblocks are from one casted aluminium part obviously. There are also differences with mounting on the vehicle - axial or radial and then it varies of the type of car. Caliper might be the same but mounting is different etc.

Just a quick update on new wheels!
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/acb1e28d13a0215df1ead5b5ed03442b.jpg

That's awesome! I always knew that some brembos were "generic" like the ones on the EVO and the STI are the same. But I assumed the ones made for the 200k AMGs or whatnot would be radically different somehow.

Andrew94

Hey guys! I just made a short vlog with may STi. It?s in Czech but you can turn on EN subtitles that I made for the video! It?s not some crazy action and I had some problems with my camera and it dropped like 3 times (never recorded in car before), but maybe you can still enjoy it :)
Thank you and Merry Christmass!!

https://youtu.be/fSHKIvXH0ZA

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Man, your car looks so good!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and thank you for joining. Looking forward to seeing more! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hah ok, just saw all the condensation coming out and thought it was still cold!

I see two guys in particular in my building that come out of the garage and floor it (alllll the way to the stoplight). One's a McLaren (I cant tell McLarens apart!), and the other is an E93 M3.

Andrew94

Yeah, maybe they just dont care about their cars and see it only as a matter of money, so they just repair it after its broken, its kinda sad. Or maybe they dont know they shouldnt do it

Before the video I waited about 5 minutes until the temperature on the gauge rose, it was cold outside though, maybe that caused the condensation..