Intro

Prouser1988

Hi!

A little about me, I work as a manager at a local gym but do auto mechanics/detailing with my friend in his shop for years now. Owned alot of cars over the years and driven numerous performance beasts. Thanks for a nice place to hang my hat.

list of cars I have owned/sold within the last 5 years

2005 Chevy Cobalt SS 205 hp 170 whp
1998 Honda Accord-modded 280 hp 250ish whp
1991 Toyota Turbo MR2 450 hp 346 whp
1998 Passat TDI- B4 94 hp with 130 whp
2011 Lan Evo MR 350 Hp
2012 C63 Amg- 500 Hp 450ish to the wheels
1998 Subaru Impreza- Hoping to turn this one into a rally car with only 63k on the body original motor stock at the moment. 138 hp 145 whp

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family. :)

Show us some pics of your rides.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome! Pics of EVERYTHING!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you dont mind can you give us a review/summary of your experience with each car? Pretty please? :D

Prouser1988

I don't have pictures anymore of the SS or the Honda but I had these stored. At the moment I only have the Subaru Impreza and the AMG.

Summary:

C63 AMG- 2010 44,000 miles currently, stock with back diffuser. Picked it up recently at Mercedes dealership in Portland, sounds just amazing. About 500 hp currently, plans to chip it soon. Anything more please ask with anything.

Lan Evo- 2011 22,000 2.0 turbocharged stock with accessport installed, running at 16 psi safely, traded in for my last car. :)

Turbo MR2- 1991 Rebuilt racing engine, 2.1 bored stroked with upgraded cams, drilled slotted rottors, big racing calipers, super stiff suspension, racing clutch, cold air intake, evo 8 turbo upgraded, aftermarket intercooler, gauges, kicker, touchscreen. Tuned at 18 psi max hp 450 with around 347 whp- Got in trouble with it, had to sell it :(

Passat TDI- 1997 165k on a original engine, no mods. 40-50 mpg one of the original cars of two years 1997-98 imported from Germany with real German craftmanship. If you know much about diesel cars then 160k was barely broken in, they can last if taken proper car up to 500k... Had to sell as well due to financial situation pinch.

Subaru Impreza- 1998 L AWD model with 64k original miles to date, 2.2l with currently no mods other then deck and speakers. Plans maybe to just keep it stock or sell it. Wonderful little car for the winter or mountain roads, especially with this strange weather in Oregon.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The AMG, how much was it?

The passat is nice! We had a 2001 jetta tdi with 318k and recently sold it to get a 1984 mercedes 300sd. German diesels are great! :tup:

Prouser1988

paid 40k all together for it, got it when it had 30k on it, now has 44k :) Such a fun intense car with a deep throat-ed roar that scares Dodge Challengers for days lol

Love those cars, I would like to get a new TDI ether Audi or Volkswagen, both are the same basically.

Thinking about ether trading in the Subaru Impreza with 64k miles how much do you think I could get for it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't get rid of the Impreza!!!! :(

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
KBB has it priced around 2.5k if that's the route you wish to take. What year STi are you looking for?

Prouser1988

Ya KBB for this car is a joke, I see people all the time getting more money then what it is worth for their pile Subaru with tons more miles on it. I think I could at least get 5k out of it and likely a 04-05 or even upgrade later on down the road to a 2015

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Get an 04!!!! :tup:

Prouser1988

Actually love the 04 body style the best, plus working on it is easier compared to a 06 and up with the internal electronics/safety features.

Ya I loved that car, actually the funny thing was it was just a little faster then the AMG. I would beat up on STI's with it too lol sorry :p

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I have an 04 and while they are great, there is a lot that is lacking. 05/06/07 seem to be much better years.