What's up everyone

JoeV361

I recently bought a 2015 WRB STi Limited. Glad to finally be part of igotasti forum. I don't have any pictures on me because I am out of town working, but when I get a chance I will post them. Glad to be here. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5484]JoeV361[/MENTION] welcome friend!

Congrats on the new ride. ;)

JoeV361

I'm from corpus christi, tx. Currently cobb stage 1 with kartboy ss. I plan on getting invidia q300 with invidia catted dp, cobb sf with box, then go stage 2. I'll probably drive it like that for a little while before going stage 3. But who knows.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Mod bugs are dangerous, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Nobody ever mentions suspension, but I'm a huge advocate! Sways and endlinks make the biggest difference, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
bump for suspension and sways.. everyone goes right for power right away but if you really want to enjoy driving the car. make it balanced. just doing suspension and sway bars on a stock car will improve the feel quite a bit.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We agree 100% with [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION].

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I will definitely look into that. Thanks. Any recommendations for sway bars and suspension?

i have had whiteline sway bars and never had a problem. suspension depends on what you are looking to get out of it. and how much you want to spend. good middle of the road would be ISC in my opinion. can get low (if you want) but handle very well (about 900-1200 for the set)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Sways and endlinks: Adjustable (so you can tweak) whiteline 24mm. I think i have 24mm F/R. Don't overdo it. There are 27+mm options out there, and they're for kinda specific applications. You can go with any brand really, its just some look a little nicer or show some surface rust occasionally. 24mm = 24mm, so don't get too caught up on who made it. Endlinks. This really is a no-brainer. The OEM ones are pretty sub-par and can flip even on a stock car. I went with Kartboy, which is kind of a subaru favorite. I forget what they're called, but some come without any rubber/urethane and are really meant more for racing applications. They'll get dirty and be harsher ride quality. Then there are adjustable. You really only need adjustable if you're a serious racer and doing corner-weighting and balancing, and other stuff like that.

TL;DR: It doesn't matter TOO much what brand. Once they're on the car you probably wont be able to tell the difference. But you'll be able to feel the difference VS stock.

As far as other "suspension" mods, I'd hold off until you get the sways installed. You can do struts, springs, coilovers, about 1000 different bushings, etc... But those are a little less subtle and it's easy to make the car too uncomfortable to want to drive by just diving in.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just to elaborate a bit more.

With engines, its better (IMO) to do everything at once. You set a power goal, boost targets, driveability, and then put together a build. If you do it piecemeal, you end up doing a lot of repeat tuning and labor, and buying more parts. If you first decide to put in some 850 injectors, but then you want a bigger turbo, now you're buying 1000 injectors. And if you bought 1000 injectors the first time, you might have a rough idle or drivability problems. If you did forged pistons, but then decide to change cams and connecting rods, you're just repeating tearing the engine apart. Not to mention all the money on tunes!

However, with the suspension, it's a lot more subjective. I want it to be a little firmer, or it's too stiff over bumps. Its easy to go in and tweak, and you're not re-doing much (if anything). If you jump right in and get 5-way adjustable coilovers, with billet engine mounts, and MSI re-engineered everything, you could end up with a car that's not even fast...just undriveable. I'm pretty sure I don't know how to properly setup 5-way coilovers! And vibrations might break your back. Anyways, ease in with suspension.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Our STi is running whiteline 27mm adjustable sways in the front, and 24mm rear adjustable sways in the rear with sealed whiteline endlinks.

DADDY LIKES!!!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in, and glad to see folks have some insight for you on that. I went the opposite direction. Engine work first, then I'll get to suspension afterward. That whole stiffness thing is a whole other animal for me. You're in good hands with these guys, though! :)