"Chloe" 07 STi

Hmm "mental note: watch out for [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STIfan4Life

Had em... they fad to a LAME light blue after a couple months. No UV protection in the material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Had em... they fad to a LAME light blue after a couple months. No UV protection in the material.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
That sucks. ?

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Interesting. Wonder if there is anything i can put on them to help that. Thanks for the heads up man

And thats all i have to say about that...

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
So trying to mount the new seats in the car with the supplied seat frames. Hard to explain the issue but long story short i need to find a way to mount the seats onto the factory seat rails. Any suggestions on a place that can do it for me? Safety is #1 concern here @Grinder34 [MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION] @IGOTASTi @HolyCrapItsFast

Last edited:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Did you ever figure this out?

i did. i called Corbeau and asked how they mount their seats. (figured i would get it right from the horses mouth you know) they told me grade 8 bolts with fender washers and lock washers. so that's what i did.

i got the passenger seat mounted already so i just need to do the driver one.

the only other problem i ran into is the passenger presence sensor for the air bag. since that will no longer be plugged in does anyone know if the passenger air bag will just be on all the time or off all the time?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
so i finally figured out that the air bag system would be off if the passenger presence sensor was not plugged in so that was a big problem for me. a friend of mine came over today to give me a hand and we took apart the base of my factory passenger seat to A) see what the sensor looked like, and B) take it out to try and mount it on the Corbeau seat.

it was a success (mounting it at least) i still need to get it into the car and plugged in to see if it works lol. i took apart both seats and put the sensor (sort of like a bladder) underneath the seat cushion and reinstalled the fabric covering it

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
ffd1be1de1da6c1e08385802983a4114.jpg

Got the seat all buttoned up underneath with the bladder for the passenger presence and module. Not just gotta do it for the driver seat

4bfd8cb5142097ffb0c9c78ab4689ac7.jpg

Also got 3 3.3ohm resistors for each seat air bag and the third for the steering wheel

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
30b0f0398ce42c61fc7a0552522ed8f2.jpg

Just a little update for you guys. Finally started tearing down the engine bay to get the motor out. All thats left is to unbolt the downpipe, trans and motor mounts and shes coming out!!

Then going to work on some engine bay tucking while im still getting money together for everything.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
part of the tuck is going to include removing the washer fluid tank. im going to re-route the hoses from the IC sprayer to the washer nozzles and fill that tank with washer fluid.

since the IC sprayers are now useless with the FMIC i can now use that tank and clean up the bay a little by removing the washer tank. not a bad idea right?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
oh and i checked my turbo for shaft play... thank god there is none so i can post that up for sale too. TMIC is getting sold today!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am dying to do a tuck in my engine bay. It is so cluttered and looks so ugly. I am interested to see how you make out with that because I may just copy you if the results are clean. So no pressure! :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
HAHA thanks Holy. no pressure at all. im not going crazy with the tuck i just want to remove some of the clutter. my friend luke has a bugeye wagon and did a full shave with wheel tubs in the front. painted a very glossy WRB looks amazing. ill find a pic and post it on here in a min

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
9c9737e9d5402f4745d9c37a208c3834.jpg

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] this is my buddies engine bay right now. Motor is getting dropped in in the next few days

SudoSTI

Also interested to see the tuck. I'm definitely going to be rerouting all my business once I finish my tune and get some spare time.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Its gunna b a long process since i dont have much free time myself. My buddy with this wagon is gunna help me out once his car is done so hopefully it wont b a painful process lol.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
So, shaving/tucking...

Shaving: clean up all the sheet-metal lines to make everything smooth?

Tucking: re-routing wires/tubes to be less visible, but potentially longer or "sub-optimal"?