Hi all sub newbie here !

sti_newbie

Hello guys,

I just purchased a classic and thought I would join this forum. I know nothing about Subarus but i'm an engineer and do all the work on my cars myself.
I hope I will learn a lot from you and the forum but also give back a bit where I can.

Car is a 1997 impreza JDM supposedly an STI. Not sure how I can confirm that is an STI.

They told me that is a version 6 but from what I've read this a version 4. Its got the version 5+ bumpers and cluster though.

A lot of crap work on it but will get on it as soon as possible.

Anyway, that's for starters, I will get to ask questions soon.

See ya :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5742]sti_newbie[/MENTION] welcome friend.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and thank you for joining. Let's see some pics! :D

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

A VIN search should definitely tell you what it began life as. As far as mods and/or upgrades, you'll have to do some hands-on-investigation

sti_newbie

Hi guys, had some problems and got away from internet for a while. Sorry about that.

I will be here everyday from now on.

I will post some pics in a while [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] -- where can I lookup the VIN? Everything I have found through searching is USDDM based?

As far as mods, I have taken the engine & gearbox out and had a better look. Its got an FMIC , a stuck bearing on the ACT clutch plate (bloody hell that wasted my time), ACT clutch disc, aftermarket (unknown make) exhaust manifold/downpipe/exhaust system, BOV, a welded wastegate actuator etc.

I have been told that the engine has pistons and rods but I've seen a lot of shit work done on the car and I very doubt it. I removed the valve covers though since it was leaking oil on both sides and its got some arp hardware installed so that might be an indication.

sti_newbie

Btw I'm a member in 20 or more forums and I must say that this 'tagging' system is awesome!!!

Have I said that I bought a wide track GDB sti as well? :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hmmm...it seems kind of difficult to locate a functioning JDM VIN decoder site that is in English. There are a couple out there that supposedly work okay, but they are all in Russian. I suppose if you can get your browser to properly translate, you might have some luck. I can look around a little more later on, starting to get pretty busy here at work.

sti_newbie

Hmmm...it seems kind of difficult to locate a functioning JDM VIN decoder site that is in English. There are a couple out there that supposedly work okay, but they are all in Russian. I suppose if you can get your browser to properly translate, you might have some luck. I can look around a little more later on, starting to get pretty busy here at work.

I can translate the website no probs. Please do so when you have some spare time. Thanks for the effort :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5742]sti_newbie[/MENTION] welcome back!

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

You have my attention :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hurry! Someone post a fapping meme!

:bow: