Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! :bigtup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
@himaninja very nice.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Since, I'm just now seeing this thread, I have quite a few things to say. First: Very nice man! I came from Honda to Subaru as well....except I came from a 99 Honda Prelude. I had a civic, an integra, and 2 Preludes before finally being able to afford my reasonable dream car...a 2013 GV STi in World Rally Blue. That video back on the third page of the exhaust.....I have found my desired exhaust. Lol. Second, Those wheels look sick-nasty with that Satin White Pearl. Lastly, 400ish power is the same that I'm going to be looking for as soon as I get settled in a new job. Looking forward to seeing more updates man!

hiimaninja

Since, I'm just now seeing this thread, I have quite a few things to say. First: Very nice man! I came from Honda to Subaru as well....except I came from a 99 Honda Prelude. I had a civic, an integra, and 2 Preludes before finally being able to afford my reasonable dream car...a 2013 GV STi in World Rally Blue. That video back on the third page of the exhaust.....I have found my desired exhaust. Lol. Second, Those wheels look sick-nasty with that Satin White Pearl. Lastly, 400ish power is the same that I'm going to be looking for as soon as I get settled in a new job. Looking forward to seeing more updates man!

haha tyty I am just trying to do everything correctly on the first go instead of retracing my steps. better to think ahead and choose what you want!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
That is definitely the goal. I've had my 2013 since October, already put 17,500 miles on it, and still haven't made any additional modifications, other than SPT exhaust and short shifter, since I bought it for exactly that reason. I was completely new the world of the Flat-4 AND the turbo, so I had quite a bit of learning to do.....Still do, I suppose lol. Other than aiming for around 400ish to the wheels, what are your mod plans as far as everything else goes? Forgive me if it's already been said in the thread.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
haha tyty I am just trying to do everything correctly on the first go instead of retracing my steps. better to think ahead and choose what you want!

Wish i was as wise as you are when i started! :tup:

Then again i wasnt on IGOTASTI when i got my car. That was my mistake!!!!

hiimaninja

That is definitely the goal. I've had my 2013 since October, already put 17,500 miles on it, and still haven't made any additional modifications, other than SPT exhaust and short shifter, since I bought it for exactly that reason. I was completely new the world of the Flat-4 AND the turbo, so I had quite a bit of learning to do.....Still do, I suppose lol. Other than aiming for around 400ish to the wheels, what are your mod plans as far as everything else goes? Forgive me if it's already been said in the thread.

this is my first subie and first turbo'd car lol I'm just lucky to have a lot of friends in the car world that actually know what they're doing so I bounce ideas off of them lol Planning to add a fuel pump soon, after that i'm probably gonna lay low for a bit and start autoXing maybe swaybars? but I want to know how my car feels with just the coils first before i change anything lol

Grinder34

Track Monkey
this is my first subie and first turbo'd car lol I'm just lucky to have a lot of friends in the car world that actually know what they're doing so I bounce ideas off of them lol Planning to add a fuel pump soon, after that i'm probably gonna lay low for a bit and start autoXing maybe swaybars? but I want to know how my car feels with just the coils first before i change anything lol

Swaybars are great.

So, I love auto-xing as much as the next guy, but you should give an HPDE a thought for a few reasons (vs autox):
1) MUCH longer track time (depending on the specific event, you can get ~2hrs a day vs auto-x where you get like...3 minutes TOTAL)
2) You can really get a feel for the car. Rarely at an AutoX do you get do do a long sweeper at 80 mph, or get to row the gears (you usually stay in probably 2nd the whole time, depending on car/track)
3) You dont feel the pressure of trying to win or beat anyone else. Theres no timing and you're just out there to have fun. You dont have everyone's eyes on you when you're on track.
4) You get lots of rides in nice cars. Since theres never any time pressure, usually people dont mind the extra 200 lbs for a passenger, so you can often get rides in some SICK cars. Or an STI with some mods you're interested in seeing how they perform, etc... Or you can just learn the line from a pro.
5) You get an instructor! Nothing like actually learning from someone who knows what they're doing.
6) Its really not that expensive, especially given the time on track. I think autox can be like $60 (its been a while). Track days can be as cheap as like $150 for the day. True, you do use more gas and more tires. But you're actually using the tires in a meaningful way instead of wasting them on the freeway for 30k miles!
7) You can baby your car and still have fun. Somewhat related to (3), you can upshift early, brake early, or only take it at 80% through a corner and just have fun.
8) You actually get time off, instead of having to work corners, run around, and reset cones. That gives you plenty of time to indulge in (4)
9) It gives you a great chance to adjust the suspension (if yours has any adjustable components) and get it setup just how you like it.
10) You can go FAST! Again, this depends on the track, but if you've ever had a hankering to see what 130mph feels like, this is your chance to do it legally (Germans, I hate you).

Did I miss anything?

hiimaninja

Swaybars are great.

So, I love auto-xing as much as the next guy, but you should give an HPDE a thought for a few reasons (vs autox):
1) MUCH longer track time (depending on the specific event, you can get ~2hrs a day vs auto-x where you get like...3 minutes TOTAL)
2) You can really get a feel for the car. Rarely at an AutoX do you get do do a long sweeper at 80 mph, or get to row the gears (you usually stay in probably 2nd the whole time, depending on car/track)
3) You dont feel the pressure of trying to win or beat anyone else. Theres no timing and you're just out there to have fun. You dont have everyone's eyes on you when you're on track.
4) You get lots of rides in nice cars. Since theres never any time pressure, usually people dont mind the extra 200 lbs for a passenger, so you can often get rides in some SICK cars. Or an STI with some mods you're interested in seeing how they perform, etc... Or you can just learn the line from a pro.
5) You get an instructor! Nothing like actually learning from someone who knows what they're doing.
6) Its really not that expensive, especially given the time on track. I think autox can be like $60 (its been a while). Track days can be as cheap as like $150 for the day. True, you do use more gas and more tires. But you're actually using the tires in a meaningful way instead of wasting them on the freeway for 30k miles!
7) You can baby your car and still have fun. Somewhat related to (3), you can upshift early, brake early, or only take it at 80% through a corner and just have fun.
8) You actually get time off, instead of having to work corners, run around, and reset cones. That gives you plenty of time to indulge in (4)
9) It gives you a great chance to adjust the suspension (if yours has any adjustable components) and get it setup just how you like it.
10) You can go FAST! Again, this depends on the track, but if you've ever had a hankering to see what 130mph feels like, this is your chance to do it legally (Germans, I hate you).

Did I miss anything?

yeah i live right next to one of the tracks lol I hope to go to one of the track days this year

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yeah i live right next to one of the tracks lol I hope to go to one of the track days this year

Which one are you referring to? You're not too far from Road America, Indianapolis Raceway Park, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, etc...