my first sti... 2005 wrb

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Blame it on the hippie tree people! :lol: piss for gas then. Bleh! Thats shitty! :(

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hows michigan compared to the west coast?

I've never had an issue with fuel but I know some have had issues when the seasonal blends change, ESPECIALLY on the E85. Prices are too high as well. The refineries that service this area always say they are struggle to meet the demand, hence the higer prices. Sounds like bullshit to me.

As with many areas, certain towns are cheaper than others but a recent sampling of prices was in the range of $3.79 for 87 to $4.11 for 93.

Last edited:

droopys

Yah it's way expensive I live on the coast and it's typically more than inland try and fill up but it's a solid 4.50 a gal right now

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I was lucky that while I lived in Hawaii, San Diego and Key West I was active duty, so I could buy gas on the base that wasn't taxed as heavily. Either way, I remember paying $4.50 on many occasions in Hawaii for 93 and often $4.05-4.25 in SD.

droopys

Tuned it to acn 91 we will see if that have been my issue I'll update when I get into work also had an update for the ap.
Should I set my tune for real time or the temporary?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Always set it for a permanent reflash with a ecu reset afterwards. Let car idle for 5-10 minutes then drive it normally for another 10 min to learn the parameters before you get on it.

droopys

So I gave it a solid run on my lunch break a few min ago the new made a big difference so face palm myself but I will give it some harder runs when I get off work =] thx again [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
So I gave it a solid run on my lunch break a few min ago the new made a big difference so face palm myself but I will give it some harder runs when I get off work =] thx again [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]

Well, easy fix and nothing major to fret about. Glad it sounds like you got it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Since there's no real way to monitor AFR without a wideband, that gets thrown out. I'd say if the boost is okay and is where it needs to be for stage 1, then you should keep an eye out for knock. I would also recommend you don't WOT since the tunes are so generic. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Between stage 1 and stock, i dont know which is better since the stock tunes on our cars are shitty. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

What tune should he leave on, guys?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Between stage 1 and stock, i dont know which is better since the stock tunes on our cars are shitty. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

What tune should he leave on, guys?

I'd say stay with stage one. Cobb's tunes are fairly safe. I just didn't like the factory map compared to Cobb's stage one. Of course a protune is gonna trump both (given it's done right)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
AP should be good enough to monitor knock. Make sure it's Feedback Knock that you're monitoring.