OT: Count To A Million Game!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
7841 - Subaru should really resurrect the Baja and offer an STi drivetrain. I'd be all over that!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7842 - Now...I just have to figure out if any of these models have a matte green or brown paintjob. :unsure:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7843 - Just a quick heads up for [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] and anyone else that might be looking for me... Our 2nd child will arrive next Monday (August 31st) and I'll probably be MIA for a while. I will be off work for a few weeks and might get bored here and there while the wife and kids are napping. So maybe I'll pop in once in a while just to make sure you guys haven't burned the place down. :lol: But otherwise, you might not be able to get a hold of me for a bit. I'll PM you guys my cell number in case something comes up.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
7843 - Just a quick heads up for @Alin @Grinder34 @IGOTASTi and anyone else that might be looking for me... Our 2nd child will arrive next Monday (August 31st) and I'll probably be MIA for a while. I will be off work for a few weeks and might get bored here and there while the wife and kids are napping. So maybe I'll pop in once in a while just to make sure you guys haven't burned the place down. :lol: But otherwise, you might not be able to get a hold of me for a bit. I'll PM you guys my cell number in case something comes up.

7844 - My second came 11 days ago!

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7847 - Well don't tell her that, at least until the hormones wear off! :lol:

Our first was kinda complicated and we were in the hospital for about 8 days. So this time they're just going straight for the c-section which should go more smoothly than last time. Hopefully this kid sleeps as well as our first and we can get back to a normal-ish sleep schedule as soon as possible.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7850 - Well, I'm back. I've been lurking here and there for a couple weeks, but have been so busy with the new baby that I haven't spent much time here. On top of that, work has NOT been good. Our CEO absolutely gutted us during the Kung Flu lockdown. My group is now at 50% manpower and the workload keeps going up. Meanwhile, the new manager in the building is keeping us all looking over our shoulders. I have a Jimmy Johns that is 1/2 mile away and if he sees me come back with a sandwich---during the fucking lunch hour---he has 20 questions for me about where I've been or if I'm working.

The rest of my group is actively looking for other jobs and one person even started cleaning out her desk in preparation for (probably) getting fired. They've completely destroyed this place. So anyways... I'm looking for another job now as well, but probably won't be able to start until January '21. I really don't need this bullshit right now, with a brand new baby and everything else that 2020 has wrought upon us.

I probably should have put this in the "YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS" thread. :unsure: :banghead:

Either way, I'm back in case you guys need anything. I'll try to stay in a good mood as I attempt to answer whatever questions you may have.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Just working away, lol.

God bless,
igotasti

7854 oh shit man thats right. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7855 thanks man got a bunch to do. had to remodel to rooms. one use to be her office which we moved doown stairs to the old living room then made her office the spare room. and what use to be spare room the nursery because it has the bigger closet lol.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7850 - Well, I'm back. I've been lurking here and there for a couple weeks, but have been so busy with the new baby that I haven't spent much time here. On top of that, work has NOT been good. Our CEO absolutely gutted us during the Kung Flu lockdown. My group is now at 50% manpower and the workload keeps going up. Meanwhile, the new manager in the building is keeping us all looking over our shoulders. I have a Jimmy Johns that is 1/2 mile away and if he sees me come back with a sandwich---during the fucking lunch hour---he has 20 questions for me about where I've been or if I'm working.

The rest of my group is actively looking for other jobs and one person even started cleaning out her desk in preparation for (probably) getting fired. They've completely destroyed this place. So anyways... I'm looking for another job now as well, but probably won't be able to start until January '21. I really don't need this bullshit right now, with a brand new baby and everything else that 2020 has wrought upon us.

I probably should have put this in the "YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS" thread. :unsure: :banghead:

Either way, I'm back in case you guys need anything. I'll try to stay in a good mood as I attempt to answer whatever questions you may have.
7856 - A former coworker of mine who accurately read the writing on the wall, left the company a couple months ago, but keeps in touch with us via text. He called last week with a technical question and happened to mention that his old, old company, is looking for a Sr. Electromagnetics Tech (which I am, at my current company). He introduced me to one of the electrical design managers, to which I forwarded my resume. 1 hour and 50 minutes later I had their HR people beating down my door for an interview. So this Friday morning, I have an interview and laboratory tour at North American Lighting. They supply head lights, tail lights and side markers for 48% of all the vehicles on the road. They even floated---over the phone before even meeting me---a median salary of $13,000 more (not counting whatever bonus I could receive) than what I'm already making. Talk about piling on the pressure.

I'm not really too nervous about the interview, because I feel that I am more than qualified for the position and I interview fairly well. But then again, it's been nearly a decade since my last interview AND as disgusted as I am with the corporate leadership here, I really love the people I work (directly) for and with. They've become like family over the last 9 years and after losing 50% of our workforce, I'm a bit afraid that my departure will force the beginning of the end for my work group.

I haven't been this nervous for, well...anything, in as long as I can remember. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I feel like Friday morning as nearly upon me already.

If you guys have any words of wisdom, I'm all ears. :unsure:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
7856 - A former coworker of mine who accurately read the writing on the wall, left the company a couple months ago, but keeps in touch with us via text. He called last week with a technical question and happened to mention that his old, old company, is looking for a Sr. Electromagnetics Tech (which I am, at my current company). He introduced me to one of the electrical design managers, to which I forwarded my resume. 1 hour and 50 minutes later I had their HR people beating down my door for an interview. So this Friday morning, I have an interview and laboratory tour at North American Lighting. They supply head lights, tail lights and side markers for 48% of all the vehicles on the road. They even floated---over the phone before even meeting me---a median salary of $13,000 more (not counting whatever bonus I could receive) than what I'm already making. Talk about piling on the pressure.

I'm not really too nervous about the interview, because I feel that I am more than qualified for the position and I interview fairly well. But then again, it's been nearly a decade since my last interview AND as disgusted as I am with the corporate leadership here, I really love the people I work (directly) for and with. They've become like family over the last 9 years and after losing 50% of our workforce, I'm a bit afraid that my departure will force the beginning of the end for my work group.

I haven't been this nervous for, well...anything, in as long as I can remember. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I feel like Friday morning as nearly upon me already.

If you guys have any words of wisdom, I'm all ears. :unsure:

Congrats on the job opportunity.

I always believed that if a door opens up for you, you should walk through it.

After reading the post you quoted in this one it sounds like the others are on their way out as well.

Remember an interview never hurts, see what they have to say, and then make your decision from there.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Congrats on the job opportunity.

I always believed that if a door opens up for you, you should walk through it.

After reading the post you quoted in this one it sounds like the others are on their way out as well.

Remember an interview never hurts, see what they have to say, and then make your decision from there.

7858 - The big reason that leaving scares me, is my experiences in the military. Duty Station rotations are anywhere from 18-36 months, depending on rank. So quite often, you get to your new command and everything is GREAT. 2 months later, one of more of your bosses, as well as coworkers transfer out and are replaced by people who at first raise no concerns, and then after they are thoroughly entrenched, begin acting in a way that would make Josef Stalin look like a canonized Saint. It is then absolutely miserable until they (or you) leave for another command. Thus, you learn real fast to appreciate a good group of people.

For these reasons, I'm very concerned that everything will be sunshine and roses for a couple months at the new company, only to take a turn straight into hell.

Best case scenario, they extend me an offer for a ton of money (but I don't feel good about their lab) and I use that offer letter to get a serious raise at my current company while also scaring corporate management into staying the **** away from us so we don't all leave them holding their dicks with a mountain of unfinished work on the docket.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
7858 - The big reason that leaving scares me, is my experiences in the military. Duty Station rotations are anywhere from 18-36 months, depending on rank. So quite often, you get to your new command and everything is GREAT. 2 months later, one of more of your bosses, as well as coworkers transfer out and are replaced by people who at first raise no concerns, and then after they are thoroughly entrenched, begin acting in a way that would make Josef Stalin look like a canonized Saint. It is then absolutely miserable until they (or you) leave for another command. Thus, you learn real fast to appreciate a good group of people.

For these reasons, I'm very concerned that everything will be sunshine and roses for a couple months at the new company, only to take a turn straight into hell.

Best case scenario, they extend me an offer for a ton of money (but I don't feel good about their lab) and I use that offer letter to get a serious raise at my current company while also scaring corporate management into staying the **** away from us so we don't all leave them holding their dicks with a mountain of unfinished work on the docket.

Believe me, I totally understand that.

But keep in mind the only way that the “best-case scenario” happens is if you go on that interview.

Go for it man its not going to hurt.

You may not even like what they have to offer you and then boom problem solved.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Believe me, I totally understand that.

But keep in mind the only way that the “best-case scenario” happens is if you go on that interview.

Go for it man its not going to hurt.

You may not even like what they have to offer you and then boom problem solved.

Oh, I'm definitely going to interview.

I'm not very concerned about how the interview will go.

I didn't even apply for the job and they were beating down my door.

I'm just concerned that I'll get a primo offer and have to make a very difficult decision that includes many (potentially adverse) unknowns.

You know me, I spend 6-months trying to decide on what gun or car parts to purchase. :lol: